Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

aerobar struggle
Quote | Reply
I've tried a few different aerobars... even bought those highly adjustable profile aerolite aeroabrs... but no matter how much I move them around (side to side, forward and aft, up and down, different angels, etc), my forearms always hurt. Is there an answer? Should I just try to strengthen my forearms in the gym?
Quote Reply
Re: aerobar struggle [mccheez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you seen a FIST certified fitter? Perhaps your general positioning is putting excess weight on your forearms?

http://www.endurancesports.ca
Coaching and Training Camps

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A few things come to mind. 1) are they the right size 2) are they angled too much up or down 3) are you on a road or tri bike? If a road bike maybe they are too big and you should go to shorties.

I never found the Profile Aerolites particularly comfy on my forearms. The most comfy bars I've tried are still the Sytace C2's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On a tri bike... been fitted by several different people...

I'm very comfortable other then my forearms get VERY sore after a short amount of time. Would seat angle affect how much weight I was putting on my forearms? Would an upward angle perhaps take some of that weight off?

I've adjusted aerobars so many freakin' times trying to find a comfort level over the past 2 years...
Quote Reply