Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

acupunture
Quote | Reply
i have been having lower back pain. i have tried almost everything yoga bike fitting chiro celebrex . nothing works so i am going for the needles. any thoughts on acupuncture thanks skirbs
Quote Reply
Re: acupunture [skirbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: acupunture [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Acupuncture has many hundreds of years of clinical observation and more recently scientific controlled studies. Don't let anybody tell you that there is not some value to it.

I wouldn't take anything Barret says very seriously. The guy wears blinkers and he's actually a mouthpiece for the drug industry and the most conservative political elements within AMA but disguised as some sort of an anti-quack crusader.

I've taken a few acupuncture courses and undergone treatment myself. My recommendation is to find a Chinese trained doc as their training is more extensive than anything offered here. We have a guy like that in our area and I (a DC) refer to him as do a number of the more open minded local MD's.

Acupuncture is like anything else though. It works wonderful for some but results can be less impressive than for others.
Quote Reply
Re: acupunture [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had fantastic results with accupuncture (on two seperate areas), but I find the results work better on nerve problems than muscle problems.
For lower back pain/muscle problems, I would suggest someone who does Active Release Therapy - ART - look at www.activerelease.com. I had lower back, QL, piriformis, you name it - six visits, I'm back at 100%.
Quote Reply
Love the acupuncture [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had it done numerous times...helped in the healing of all sorts of tendonitis and a torn achilles tendon (the tendon healed, but still had the tendonitis feeling). It won't cure anything that is serious, but I think it helps!
Quote Reply