Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

a question for ITBS veterans
Quote | Reply
I went to a PT and was diagnosed with IT band syndrome. It seems to be improving and I'm running again. My question is this...Is it typical to be able to run a certain distance (in my case 4 miles) then my knee starts to feel "loose" or "weak" followed by some pain?

I had ACL surgery on that knee so I thought I had reinjured it until going to the PT. It's just strange that the only pain I feel in my IT band is where it connects at the knee. Is the "loose" feeling due to the IT band becoming inflamed during a run so it doesn't support the knee as well?
Quote Reply
Re: a question for ITBS veterans [Pony Boy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's normal. Just follow the PT's recommendation, ice/heat, some ART, message, stretching and take your time going long again. I thought I was cured at one point last year. Went out for a long run, decieded at 4 miles that felt good. Decieded to do a 18 mile loop at 9 miles that's all I could bear anylonger... Ended up asking a guy washing his car if I could use his phone. He ended up driving me the 9 miles home.
Quote Reply
Re: a question for ITBS veterans [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatever you do, don't run if it hurts like that - the first time I got ITBS I didn't know what it was and carried on running, probably adding on 3 months of recovery time.

Stretching made the most difference for me in terms of long term prevention.
Quote Reply