i want to ask how many people have interest in this testing it them selve´s
and would want to have a device like this

http://www.ada.prorider.org
skype ceesbeers191053
Quote Reply
Re: roll coeff of tyres [cees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, very much so. VERY MUCH.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: roll coeff of tyres [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Yes, very much so. VERY MUCH."
Wouldn't that depend on precision and accuracy?
Quote Reply
Re: roll coeff of tyres [asgelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Yes, very much so. VERY MUCH."
Wouldn't that depend on precision and accuracy?

well that would not be the problem
i guess we gone make several diff versions
and test showed that we could measure in ideal situation 1 gram
but as 10 gramm in this world is already high precision !!! you do not have to worry about that
hence a extremly good load cell is in the 0.1N and we are even better and cheaper with our device
but again its stiil in design fase
the numbers will determine or we gone do it yes or no

skype ceesbeers191053
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Given the quality of ADA wheels, I do not doubt that anything that leaves Cee's hands would be of insufficient precision or accuracy.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be very interested in finding out more about your design and possibly comparing results with my roller data.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"i guess we gone make several diff versions
and test showed that we could measure in ideal situation 1 gram
but as 10 gramm in this world is already high precision !!!"

This is why I worry: Crr is demensionless. 1 gram or 1 furlong doesn't have much to do with things. You have to accurately isolate the rolling resistance force and the weight to get Crr. The Ibike could have the most sensitive sensors in the world, but the sources of error would remain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it not enough to test the loss modulus of the tire compound in a instron type compression and recovery test?

I would think that would be the purest test of the tire material and would be directly correlated to the rolling resistance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

This is why I worry: Crr is demensionless. 1 gram or 1 furlong doesn't have much to do with things. You have to accurately isolate the rolling resistance force and the weight to get Crr. The Ibike could have the most sensitive sensors in the world, but the sources of error would remain. i explain kg rider 80kgx crr= force we measure the force thats and that resolution means the you do that in let say 100 gr 10 or 1 gr resolution (we can even go smaller) the extermly expensive loadcell in 0.1 N cost complete about 2000$ but i have a must better thing at least i think and easier to use and not prone to side force and all other complicated corrections

skype ceesbeers191053
Last edited by: cees: Jun 2, 07 18:59
Quote Reply