Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
i don't, do you ?
Quote | Reply
pee in the pool, that is. seems like i never see anybody else climb out in the middle of a work-out, even after an hour or more.....Completely different in open water, i think, but it shouldn't happen in a pool !

what means this word 'change'? .....
Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [rrfr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there isn't really a good, rational reason not to.

its just gross to people

but if they don't know...

In Reply To:
pee in the pool, that is. seems like i never see anybody else climb out in the middle of a work-out, even after an hour or more.....Completely different in open water, i think, but it shouldn't happen in a pool !

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
even if it wasn't sterile, there's more than enough chlorine to kill anything alive. Besides, there is probably stuff way nastier than a little urea in any given public pool.

Quote | Reply
I don't. It's just wrong. By the time of day when I swim, however, anything I've consumed is either metabolized or it's going toward fueling my effort (such as it is) in the water. Thus I rarely need to leak during a pool workout.

-------------------------------------------
"The hero is someone in continual opposition to the status quo. The hero is always becoming himself." Jos� Ortega y Gasset.

"The enthusiasm (absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit) is needed before breaking the milestone and not after." Sergio Escutia, on Lukas Verzbicas' subdued reaction to breaking 4 minutes in the mile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of course I don't. People who do have no respect for others and have an inflated sense of self-importance. Whether it's a health hazard or not is beside the point--the world is not your toilet, people!

Besides, you can smell everything that goes on in a pool. The water near the girls' locker room (where the girls usually enter the water) stinks of perfume, and the side by the guys' locker room is B.O. central. If you pee in the pool, you had better be very hydrated to get away with it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A pool without pee is just ool.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [skavoovie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
perhaps you just have an inflated sense of pee importance?

In Reply To:
Of course I don't. People who do have no respect for others and have an inflated sense of self-importance. Whether it's a health hazard or not is beside the point--the world is not your toilet, people!

Besides, you can smell everything that goes on in a pool. The water near the girls' locker room (where the girls usually enter the water) stinks of perfume, and the side by the guys' locker room is B.O. central. If you pee in the pool, you had better be very hydrated to get away with it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you pee in the shower?

If you're car camping, do you trek all the way to the little shower/bathroom cabana? Or chuck a whiz in your site?

Mid-race, you have to pee...do you let it go?

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shower - of course!
car camping - no way
mid race - I tried once but couldn't. I need to work on that.

In Reply To:
Do you pee in the shower?

If you're car camping, do you trek all the way to the little shower/bathroom cabana? Or chuck a whiz in your site?

Mid-race, you have to pee...do you let it go?

Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty much an equal opportunity peer.

Shower, indeedy.

Camping? Best part of nature is outdoor elimination :-)

running... just gotta let it go, man. Just let it flow.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms

Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know a single competitive swimmer who doesn't pee in the pool.
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [jungro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know a lot of NON-competitive swimmers who do, as well ;-)

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bear Grylls drinks his own pee to survive. If he does it is see nothing wrong with swimming in some.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sponsors By:
MasterCard Credit Card
Visa Credit Card
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't know a single competitive swimmer who doesn't pee in the pool.
Ding ding ding!

"Wow, are you a triathlete?"
If spoken by a non-swimmer, that's a compliment. When spoken by a swimmer.... -glitch
My wife's blog http://www.hostilewit.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This subject was covered ad nauseum in the Dirty Secrets thread.
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This subject was covered ad nauseum in the Dirty Secrets thread.
Yes, but here we can get our micturation habits out in the open (so to speak) without having to wade through 17,856 other posts. BEsides, the fact that I can, and do, sometimes pee in my own pack yard b/c I'm too lazy to go all the way inside is hardly a secret. :p

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2 multivitamins 2 hours before I swim, The huge neon yellow cloud always ensures I keep my lane to myself.......

persequetur vestra metas furiose
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [kevinp01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to meet you. Seven years of competition, not once did I evacuate in the pool.

-------------------------------------------
"The hero is someone in continual opposition to the status quo. The hero is always becoming himself." Jos� Ortega y Gasset.

"The enthusiasm (absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit) is needed before breaking the milestone and not after." Sergio Escutia, on Lukas Verzbicas' subdued reaction to breaking 4 minutes in the mile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At Tennessee we ALL peed in the pool. In fact if you noticed your lane mate standing too close to you, chances were that they were peeing right on you. No big deal. Considering some of the guys I swam with at college, a little urine in the water should be the LEAST of your worries.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there some trick to peeing in the pool that I'm not aware of? I tried this morning and the lifeguard was livid and screaming "Hey! Put that thing away and get off the starter blocks!"

I tried to explain that all the competitive swimmers do it but he really wasn't listening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As my coach used to say: "There are two types of swimmer in the world: Those that pee in the pool...and those that lie about it."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
willmillertriathlon.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [E_moto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
2 multivitamins 2 hours before I swim, The huge neon yellow cloud always ensures I keep my lane to myself.......

^
That is awesome. |

I pee in the pool and have been doing it my whole life. During swim practice I use to get out to pee If I wanted to take a break. Now it depends, if there is someone I dont want is in my lane Ill pee so before they get to the wall for a flip turn, or if Im afraid someone is gona jack my lane I let it rip. Otherwise I get out to pee only to strut around the deck.

Edit: At Wildflower I waited till we got in to warm up to pee, there was such a long line to the portopotty I wasnt sure if Id miss my start.

FJB: Not to mention the number of people that can't bike or run....
Last edited by: Blue42: May 12, 09 10:18
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was good :)

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
at my university, the varsity swimmers are not allowed to get out of the pool during practice to pee

michael phelps admitted to jimmy kimmel that he pees in the pool all the time and its the only i have in common with him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was talking with a new mother recently about community pools that offer parent/baby swim classes and afterwards I started thinking. Even with swim diapers, there has got to be some 'seepage' for those babies with little or no control...yes? no? Maybe 'peeing' in the pool is the least of our worries (at least in facilities where lane swimming and classes are held in the same pool).
Quote Reply

Prev Next