Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: i don't, do you ? [rrfr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mademoiselle Rimbaud: Your Majesty, I simply don't do it.

King Louis XVI: Come on, you do it. You love to do it. We all do it. You do it...

Mademoiselle Rimbaud: No, I don't!

King Louis XVI: I do it, I love to do it. I just did it and I'm ready to do it again, don't tell me you don't do it!
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [Tri Tiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Bear Grylls drinks his own pee to survive. If he does it is see nothing wrong with swimming in some.
That's his own pee. I'd drink mine, but I won't drink yours. Unless any of you sick little monkeys swim at Lifetime Fitness in Tempe. Fess up. Don't worry, I'll save your lane while you go pee in a proper place. That's just lazy...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I can eat 21 plus a deep-fried turkey!"
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [Mr. Blonde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pee in my lane so no one wants to share it with me. I figure if they see a trail of light yellow water behind me they'll opt for another lane.

srsly though, I don't pee in the pool.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sponsors By:
MasterCard Credit Card
Visa Credit Card
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a warm spot in my lane this morning. I didn't do it. It stayed there for a few laps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Today is the second day of the rest of your life if you started keeping track yesterday
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [Blue42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heheheheh,

I just got back from the pool a few minutes ago, and wouldn't you know it, I forgot to take my vitamins. So, I just stood there and made "the I'M peeing right now face" while I swapped out my paddles. it worked perfectly!!

persequetur vestra metas furiose
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i can't believe this is sailing by w/o comment. That's hilarious!!
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [Tri Tiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peeing on the move is a talent i have yet to master. hat's off to you.
for what it's worth, i too have never seen a competitive swimmer get out of the pool to pee. i've seen them get out to puke, or drop a deuce, but never pee.

Hungry for tri!
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [govols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

In Reply To
At Tennessee we ALL peed in the pool. In fact if you noticed your lane mate standing too close to you, chances were that they were peeing right on you. No big deal. Considering some of the guys I swam with at college, a little urine in the water should be the LEAST of your worries.[/reply] I imagine you can pee pretty much ANYWHERE in Tennessee, not just the cee-ment pond.
Last edited by: danielito: May 12, 09 15:29
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [danielito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

In Reply To
At Tennessee we ALL peed in the pool. In fact if you noticed your lane mate standing too close to you, chances were that they were peeing right on you. No big deal. Considering some of the guys I swam with at college, a little urine in the water should be the LEAST of your worries.
I imagine you can pee pretty much ANYWHERE in Tennessee, not just the cee-ment pond.[/reply] Oh ouch, that hurts - especially coming from someone who's occupation is listed as feral primate. With a job like that I'm guessing you are an Alabama grad ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
reminds me of the story about the two Florida boys peeing off the bridge.
First boy says.....whoo......this waters cold
Second boy says: yep...and its deep too.

persequetur vestra metas furiose
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a non competetive swimmer, this thread is really eye opening. Public pools? Really? We're talking about people here, not children. A bladder full of urine is a ton of piss to float in a pool. It's disgusting. And I'm (we're?) swimming in that stuff? That is really disturbing. I'm annoyed enough when people spit in the water, now I've got another thing to be paranoid about...
So to answer your question, no I don't pee in the pool. I go before I swim. And even if my workouts did last more than 90 minutes, I don't see myself getting to the point where pissing in the water I'm swimming, and ocassionally gasping, in is a better choice than using a bathroom.
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [slowhokie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm concerned about your reaction when we start talking about people brown sharking...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I saw something like that, I'd vomit - but I'd wait until I was out of the water first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You do know that urine is sterile, right...where as spit and snot globbets... not so much. Either way, there's so many chemicals in the pool, and liquid dilutes so fast...I doubt you'd even notice.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with you and I am stunned that few others are.

I get out of the pool if I need to go, yeah it happens, but you go once in a two hour work out if you drink too much. I have never considered peeing in the pool. The fact that people think it is okay to piss in the pool is minblowing. Peeing in the pool knowingly as an adult is disgusting and is deserving of a verbal spray, ban from the pool and if a repeat offender a good old fashioned punch on would be warranted.

Unbeliebavble that anybody could think that peeing in a public pool as an adult is warranted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not during workouts, always go once right before i jump in and usually that holds me over for 1-1.5 hours, if i had to go badly i'd get out, if we are being totaly honest i have gone in the pool during a pool swim tri when i had to wait in line for a staggered start......sorry to all involved...
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [Bux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think a better question is about if you pee on your bike...speaking for some friend bike mechanics, they do not appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [barrybevan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I guess we're banning Michael Phelps from the pool? That'd be rather unfortunate.

Quote | Reply
I had a swim coach when I was very young (8 I think), that asked me why I was getting out of the pool. To which I answered to go pee. He told me to get back in there in no uncertain terms, peeing was not an excuse to get out, as EVERYONE peed in the pool.

Also, as has been mentioned, your urine is very sterile (unless you have an infection), whereas the crap coming out of your face... not so much.
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [go so slow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there some trick to peeing in the pool that I'm not aware of? I tried this morning and the lifeguard was livid and screaming "Hey! Put that thing away and get off the starter blocks!"

I tried to explain that all the competitive swimmers do it but he really wasn't listening.

"i can't believe this is sailing by w/o comment. That's hilarious!!"

Well, judging by the reaction of the guys already swimming in the lane I was getting ready to rain in, there is a huge double standard. Apparently, for competitive swimmers, peeing in the pool while swimming=OK. Peeing in the pool while about to swim, definitely not OK. Not sure what the difference is...

Quote Reply
Post deleted by lschmidt [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: lschmidt: May 13, 09 0:38
Re: i don't, do you ? [lschmidt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok guys and gals. Those of you who think pee is sterile and ok to whiz in the pool. Come to my house and I will pee on your head any time. Or better yet you like drinking a golden shower.? Bring it on. My old swim coach used to have a nice bucket full of water before college swim classes. He would have the nasty looking guy put his ass in the bucket, then ask the prettiest girl to put her face in the same bucket. And that folks is why we shower before entering the pool and don't piss in it. My ass goes where your face goes next. Thank you very much.
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get over it bro! Honestly, it sounds gross, but thats it. If you are able to dilute your 500ml of whiz with 1000m3 of water, my mouth is wide open dude! Walking by any major road will expose you to more filth (you breath in waaay worse during bike and run training), snot rockets, the spit that just falls out when you swim are significantly filthier than a bit of pee - much of your fresh fruit and veg (especially if they are organic) have been fertilised with manure and urea and YOU EAT THAT! There are significantly more nasties on your hands when you wipe the sweat off your brow. I hope you don't work in an air conditioned office, or take the subway, or travel by aircraft, or own a pet etc etc etc as ALL of these things are infinitely more likely to cause you harm. You can piss on me when you stop driving a car (unless its a tesla) fair deal? I hope you drive or I might end up regretting that last bit! It is completely irrational for loads of reasons to be concerned about piss in the pool.

I guess when all said and done though, we are all entitled to irrational concerns - I am not a fan of heights for example, even when I know I am completely safe and have panic attacks at the start of the triathlon swim, again, irrational.

nec rege, nec populo, sed utroque
Last edited by: chur: May 13, 09 5:09
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [chur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure none of the 200 kids taking swim lessons before lap swim pee in the pool right??
Quote Reply
Re: i don't, do you ? [D!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he pees in the pool yes ban him, or at least warn him that it is not acceptable and be done with it. No double standard, anybody who pees in the pool is disgusting and completelty inconsiderate.

Not sure how to detect it but if I would have no problems calling somebody out for doing it and would have no problems warning and then banning them from the pool.

The punch on if they kept doing it or got agressive about their right to do so would just be icing on the cake
Quote Reply

Prev Next