Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

good sports doc in North San Diego
Quote | Reply
I've been struggling with recurring pain in my left leg. First it was around the knee, then it started to radiate up the side of the leg...now its problems with my calf. Two and half weeks of no running, stretching, massage, etc. and after 20 minutes on the treadmill today, I'm back to square one.

I really need some help to diagnose and treat this.

I know there are several San Diego residents that post here...I'm in Oceanside and looking for someone somewhat local.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: good sports doc in North San Diego [jpflores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw Dr. Fronek in La Jolla a few years ago. He works with the Padres and possibly the chargers so he may be the best sports minded doctor in the area as long as he covers your particular medical need. I saw him for knee pain related to running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greg Loren and Mike Skayhar at CORE Orthopedics. They are next to Scripps Encinitas and are some of the best sports med MD's in town. Also, Pat Padilla in Encinitas is a triathlete, Kona finisher and also a very good, board certified orthopedist.

If it were me or even my kid; they would be the ones I go to.

Kurt Luoni
US Sales Manager
Orca Wetsuits
Quote Reply
Re: good sports doc in North San Diego [stageracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's actually Skyhar. He was recommended by some tri club members (but unfortunately I think I was too messed up outside his area of expertise for him to be able to help me).

Quote Reply
Re: good sports doc in North San Diego [stageracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all,

I just made an appointment. Wish me luck.

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Re: good sports doc in North San Diego [tripespoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
even though you hae already made your appointment, I'll also chime in a recommendation for Dr. Skyhar at CORE. He has kept me running for the past 4 years when I was told by another doctor I might never run again.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here is another

Dr Roger Freeman,

http://www.rogerfreemanmd.com/

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DR. Brent Kay. A strong local athlete (focuses on cycling) and also Floyd's doc...
Quote Reply