Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

are fluid trainers any good
Quote | Reply
the thought of having a trainer that doesn't need electric or any wires sounds appealing
to me, but are those of good use? I'm considering the Elite Crono Fluid which adjusts the
resistance based on a riders and bikes weight. Any thoughts?

---
Jaakko Hiekkaranta
http://www.thelionbeach.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: are fluid trainers any good [ironbeach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're considering a fluid trainer, think about the Kurt Kinetic Road Machine. I have yet to hear one bad thing about it. Contact Tom at http://www.bikesportmichigan.com. He's offering a great deal to slowtwitch members but you have to call for a price. It should be better than anywhere else, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jaakko, I have had an Elite fluid for the last 8 years and it is a very good trainer, reliable and the fluid warms up to a consistant resistance just give enough time for it to warm up in YOUR warm up and things will be fine. I use it a lot when I can't be bothered to move everything around and set up my Comutrainer. One of my training partners left a new Tacx magnetic trainer with me after a group turbo session and I tried it but was not impressed.

If you are stateside (which I suspect you aren't) I would recommend the Kurt Kinetic from Tom as he has a very good deal on, what is, a very good product.

Happy Hols.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a Kurt Kinetic from Tom this year. It's love it and it was a great deal. Give him a call.

Jodi
Last edited by: Jodi: Dec 25, 06 9:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a used Cyclops2. It's great.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: are fluid trainers any good [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you are stateside (which I suspect you aren't) I would recommend the Kurt Kinetic from Tom as he has a very good deal on, what is, a very good product.

Happy Hols.

Hey Tom, mentioned somewhere he sent one to Ireland I think, so give him a call where-ever you are. Well, I'm not sure he could get it to the ISS but maybe.

If you call him ask how Monk's pet Skunk is doing.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Dec 25, 06 8:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my Kurt Kinetic Trainer from Tom as well and love it.

"Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos."
Don Kardong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One more vote for the Road Machine - love it!
Quote Reply
Re: are fluid trainers any good [thunderlegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can you all do good simulated climbs on the KK? i'm talking about 60-70 rpms cranking out 290+ W. is this possible? i have avoided fluids for a long time for this reason, so what's the verdict?

(use code #48352 for 15% off your first order)
*Feel free to PM me with any specific questions about Hammer products*
Quote Reply
Re: are fluid trainers any good [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's ISS, Dave?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might as well offer a somewhat contary opinion and I probably am in the minority. I personally find the Cyclops Fluid2 trainer to be a very tough trainer and I am not wild about how it feels when riding either. I can hammer like crazy and in the end it looks like someone turned a fire hose on me and my quads and hip flexors are toast, but my heart rate and watts are not where I want them to be. Might be a leg strength issue for me. But in any case, I put up higher power (and heart rates) on the road and on the CT. And while there is a lull in the Christmas afternoon festivities, it is now time for a 2 hour CT hammer fest.....
------------------

Born again Heathen
In Case of Keith Moon - Break This Glass
Ironman Certified Coach
USAT Certified Coach
Precision Nutrition Certified
Quote Reply