Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

aerobar obsession
Quote | Reply
Anybody ever experience making their own aerobars during the time when aerobars where not that easy to buy? I am referring to those years when ST and ebays where not yet existent.
Quote Reply
Re: aerobar obsession [doc_mem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
built many aerobars over the years,first set was 1987 right after i built my first tt frame,working on a rear deraileur now,just finished some custom risers for a Hed bar.
Quote Reply
Re: aerobar obsession [doc_mem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tons with bars and all I had was the old Scott clip on arm rests to work with. Since there was no industry standard on diameter I made a million different contraptions to get arm hardware that worked. Necessity is the mother of invention.

I can't imagine in today's line up of gear that there isn't something out there for everyone, but I don't think that is what you were asking. If you could only see my spare parts bin you would die!
Quote Reply
Re: aerobar obsession [NoTam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I played with a tubing bender and had a pretty nice set going.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, covered in scars, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'hell yeah', what a ride.
Quote Reply