Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Visiontech Aerobar extensions (2009 stock P2)?
Quote | Reply
It may be my Organgutan like build but my arms feel too long on my P2 Visiontech Aerobars. My palms are gripping the part where the shifters meet the aerobar. There must be some type of extension I could put on, right? Help me with a model name / number. Is it easy to install? i.e. I suspect I'd need new gearing cables.
Thanks,
Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Visiontech Aerobar extensions (2009 stock P2)? [marky_sparky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto here....except i'm on a 2010 p2 51cm. I'm 5' 7" and far from having long arms.
Quote Reply
Re: Visiontech Aerobar extensions (2009 stock P2)? [marky_sparky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is probably one of the biggest negatives of the Vision bars --- lack of adjustability.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love Cervelo but in my opinion their aerobar spec has always run to the short. When 54cm P2's are coming with 250 mm Vision aerobars I am perpetually swapping them out for 270's to get a better fit. Sometimes I cut the 270's down to about 260 if the person's hands are small so the shifters fall right into their hands, but in general, Cervelo has (in my opinion) run to the too-short on their OEM aerobar sizing.

It's an easy swap-out though, but your dealer winds up with a stack of 230's and 250's at the end of the year.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Visiontech Aerobar extensions (2009 stock P2)? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chop those 230's down to 150 and you got an ITU legal bar!

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Visiontech Aerobar extensions (2009 stock P2)? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So question (and I know it's probably subjective with what feels more comfortable to me), but would the expectation w/ those bars be for me to be grabbing the actual bar below the shifters, or w/ the shifters in the palm of my hand. Right now they are in the plam of my hand. In other words, where "should" my hands be (from a standard fit perspective)?
Quote Reply
Re: Visiontech Aerobar extensions (2009 stock P2)? [daltri1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you generally want your fingers around the shifters, not your palms. so that you can shift without moving your hands, and to minimize frontal area.

if they are in your palms that does suggest the extensions are a bit short.

but them comfort is in the hands of the beholder as well.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply