Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The world's fittest man (TM) is a crossfitter, not a triathlete. Bummer. [stop2think] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pics tp ptove it? Your anonyomous. Do you mean the pic in front of time of 2:30 in your profile? ....2:30 ain't fast. I do not understand your point.
Quote Reply
Re: The world's fittest man (TM) is a crossfitter, not a triathlete. Bummer. [stop2think] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's strawman after strawman with you.
Quote Reply
Re: The world's fittest man (TM) is a crossfitter, not a triathlete. Bummer. [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Pics tp ptove it? Your anonyomous. Do you mean the pic in front of time of 2:30 in your profile? ....2:30 ain't fast. I do not understand your point.

The other person in the pic (former co-worker Abbie) finished under 2:30 and her friends took the picture shortly after she finished. We both won our AGs, I was 3rd overall out of 400 or so. I don't remember my exact time. Even if my time were 2:30, what exactly is your point? If your threshold for calling oneself a triathlete was a sub 2:30 olympic distance, the majority of this board would not be triathletes and 95%+ of the people I compete against in races wouldn't either. Have any more personal attacks or accusations that I am a crossfit robot because you can't shoot down any of my statements?
Last edited by: stop2think: Sep 14, 14 7:21
Quote Reply
Re: The world's fittest man (TM) is a crossfitter, not a triathlete. Bummer. [vandave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vandave wrote:
It's strawman after strawman with you.[/quote

While you are looking up the definition of "fit," go ahead and look up the definition of strawman as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My point was simply you say you are a winner of many Tris and a recent 5k. You have a picture in front of a time, so what.
Quote Reply
Re: The world's fittest man (TM) is a crossfitter, not a triathlete. Bummer. [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
My point was simply you say you are a winner of many Tris and a recent 5k. You have a picture in front of a time, so what.

It's crazy that I have spent years competing in all of these races, making thousands of posts that have nothing to do with crossfit, simply so I can be a crossfit robot on a triathlon board. I am one determined robot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never said that either. You said you won, proof in pic. I clicked on profile and that was not the case so I asked. Period. .....You implied by your winning time that it was an oly. Your friend in that pic had time to change shoes.....and still walk over to get a picture of time slower that what she did (never seen that, ever). So I asked about your winning lots of tri's............................I was curious on the proof you stated...................nevermind
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
Never said that either. You said you won, proof in pic. I clicked on profile and that was not the case so I asked. Period. .....You implied by your winning time that it was an oly. Your friend in that pic had time to change shoes.....and still walk over to get a picture of time slower that what she did (never seen that, ever). So I asked about your winning lots of tri's............................I was curious on the proof you stated...................nevermind

You are stretching. Sorry, I don't remember my friend's (or my) exact time. My guess is not everybody here could tell you their exact time and the times of their friends from all their races either. As I have stated many times in this thread, I stopped competing in tris and just do an occasional run race for fun with my wife. That was my final race, about 3yrs ago. I'd be glad to post other pictures, from other races; cause, that might make facts like Froning's 5k time being better than 95% of adult males who actually race 5ks more true. I have a lot of posts on this board over a long period of time, the huge majority of which have nothing to do with crossfit. Maybe I have become a worshipper of Glassman and decided to continue posing as a triathlete so that in due time I could reveal my true identity as a crossfit robot and continue with my master plan to spread crossfit propaganda; that seems to be theory, along with obese people funding PR that weight lifting is healthy so that they feel better about themselves.

The personal attacks are silly and beyond all that, have zero to do with the topic. As someone who has studied exercise physiology most of their life, from a lot of standpoints I find crossfit just as ridiculous as most here, but I don't have a stick up my rear about the term "fit" and am not blind to the fact that what some of their competitors are capable of is amazing.
Last edited by: stop2think: Sep 14, 14 8:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No personal attack. I just asked about the proof you posted. Now you say you donot race much, but just said you won a 5k. Good for you. Congrats....just asked on what YOU said.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenney wrote:
No personal attack. I just asked about the proof you posted. Now you say you donot race much, but just said you won a 5k. Good for you. Congrats....just asked on what YOU said.

I ran the Brigham City, Utah Peach Days 5k two weekends ago with my wife. It is a small annual race in my wife's hometown. I could post pictures of all the gift certificates I received for my AG win. I run maybe 10 miles a week now, spread out over 3 days. My goals are simply to stay in shape, so I do a lot of lifting, some running, swim once a week, and hike and rock climb often. With a full-time job, being an adjunct exercise phys professor, a wife, a 2yr old and another on the way, I don't have time to train like I would prefer so I don't compete. Besides, I (and my wife) prefer that I be around my natural setpoint of 205-210 and maintain some strength; to be competitive in triathlons I need to be 170-180 and give up most of my strength.

I would think my posting history would dispel the crossfit robot myth, but I guess not
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your win and your ability.to do.well with that raining.
Quote Reply
Re: The world's fittest man (TM) is a crossfitter, not a triathlete. Bummer. [Swanson234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is anyone here actually made out of iron?
Quote Reply
Re: The world's fittest man (TM) is a crossfitter, not a triathlete. Bummer. [Swanson234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swanson234 wrote:
the world's fittest man

Shouldn't this be the World's Crossfittest Man? Why not call him what he really is?
Quote Reply
Re: The world's fittest man (TM) is a crossfitter, not a triathlete. Bummer. [Bio_McGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bio_McGeek wrote:
Swanson234 wrote:
the world's fittest man

Shouldn't this be the World's Crossfittest Man? Why not call him what he really is?

Shouldn't Zydrunas Savickas be the world's strongmanest man? Or the Boston Red Sox the U.S. champions of baseball? To get so bent out of shape over the self-given moniker is silly. Not more than saying that any triathlete could spend 3-4yrs lifting and be just as strong as Froning and still maintain all of their SBR ability, but silly nonetheless.
Quote Reply

Prev Next