Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
TIMBERMAN HALF IM
Quote | Reply
Just signed up for the Timberman Half IM in New Hampshire next August after having several friends tell me its one of the best races they've ever done. Anyone have any recommendations on a good (cheap but clean) places to stay for the race weekend?
Quote Reply
Re: TIMBERMAN HALF IM [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We stayed at the Red Roof Inn out near Loudon. Its just after the 1/2 way point on the bike loop. It was something like $59 for the night, and was right near an Olive Garden, Outback, Chili's, etc. Its about 30 minutes from the race start, if thats a concern.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is this jj smith from the fleetcenter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea on acommodation, but I'm flying in from Borneo for that race (amongst other things, I'll be in the US for a month). Should be a few twitchers there I think. I'll be in my TSR gear on a bright yellow Tsunami bike.

J.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there as well! Let's meet for a bloomin' onion afterwards!

"Set your gear shift to the high gear of your soul,
you got to run like an antelope, out of control!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I camped at Gunstock a couple years back and it was good. This year they are having an athletes village at Gunstock, with the idea of getting as many athletes as possible to stay. Could be the new Wildflower. I am going to camp this year, even though I had a really nice homestay last year (I stayed with these rich people who were also hosting one of the female pros).

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there too...can't wait.
I heard the same thing about Loudon, sounds like a lot of fun around the camp though.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there.... Rumor have it, so will Spencer Smith.

Stayed at the Super 8 15 miles away last year for $99. This year trying out the redroof.
Last edited by: TargetGoingLong: Feb 2, 05 6:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going too!
Quote Reply
Re: TIMBERMAN HALF IM [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you like to camp, Gunstock will be awesome. If you want some place pretty inexpensive, Red Roof is a good choice. It's a bit far from the race site, but about $65 a night. Places close to race site are not cheap, since this is a summer destination. The Gunstock Inn, about 1/2 mile from Gunstock is fairly reasonable as well. Hmmmm....Spencer Smith...Quite a pro field, with Peter Reid and Michael Lovato already set to toe the line...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great choice...Awesome race, very good organization..

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there too. My buddy and I signed up in January.

We're staying at a friend of his family's house about an hour away, except for the nite before the race, when we will be camping in the "athlete's village" at Gunstock, with the rest of the unwashed masses.

Should be a good time. I'll be sure to wear an article of "Peaceful Tribe" garb so folks can identify me and buy me beers and whatnot. ;-)

I've heard it's an outstanding race, great venue, well organized, the works. I am very much looking forward to it, it's my AAA+ race this year.

See everybody there!

/M

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: TIMBERMAN HALF IM [KJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First post by a lurker turned participant.

An early Welcome to New Hampshire. I've a friend and customer who attends this event. He says I should be showing my wares there since it's in my backyard. A question to you all; At an event like this, are you at all interested in seeing products displayed or for sale? Or are you more interested in getting your race done and heading for the refreshment tent?

I've gotten mixed opinions from the running crowd and I'd appreciate your view.

Disclaimer: I run a small running shoe company.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a few things:

1) i love timberman. it's the best half im on the east coast. no doubt;

2) last year it rained sever inches the night before the race, so campers beware;

3) the host hotel (bmaes) is reasonable. we stayed their and ended up hanging out with karen smyers and heather gollnick for most of the day. good some good training tips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great race and well organized. i'd be doing it again if i wasn't signed up for IM Canada this year. i stayed in Concord last year and it worked for me. 45 min drive to race site, plus there's a few decent restaurants and bars along the main street in Concord.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did it last year, great race and the folks that put it on are top notch. I am doing mooseman as a imlp prep race.

Most folks go the blackwater route as a prep and it is flat. I wonder what the logic is?

Any Folks doing mooseman?

I also suspect that the poster KJ is the RD for endurfun.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: TIMBERMAN HALF IM [super clyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, it's me :) Mooseman's gonna rock!!!!! Very good tuneup for Lake Placid. Same terrain and scenery...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live an hour away and grew up in the area. Keith Jordan (race director) has done a great job. Get your rooms NOW. This is a problem as the summer time up there is already flooded with tourists to begin with. I plan on doing the race myself this year also.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keith good to see you keep and eye on the slowtwitch mafia.

I stayed at the Margate last year for timberman what are some rec's for mooseman of that caliber.

do you know if there are some of t-shirts left over for purchase?

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: TIMBERMAN HALF IM [super clyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For Mooseman, it's a much smaller community. Extremely scenic, but not nearly as busy as Timberman area. Much less developed. We've got the MooseVillage at Camp Wicosuta, which will be great. But, it's not Margate-Type lodging... The Inn on Newfound Lake is nice, and about 5 minutes from the start. In Plymouth, about 15 minutes away, there's the Common Man Inn which is very nice. You can also stay at the Margate if you want...It's about 30-35 minutes from Newfound Lake. So, most of the Timberman lodging is close enough if you don't mind traveling about 30 minutes...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keith,

How are you doing? How about Sea to Summit as a warmup for your race? Thats what I am doing this year. Whachta think?

www.S2S-USA.com

Jeff Donatello
Quote Reply
Re: TIMBERMAN HALF IM [Vitruvian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's a short enough race so that folks shouldn't be totally wasted by the finish. I think I would like having merchandise to browse whether I was racing or participating. :)

Re: TIMBERMAN HALF IM [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Sergio

Are you going to be there this year?
Your time last year was awesome...looks like the run is your specialty.
Good Luck if you are..hope to meet you at the post race bash.

Mike

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply
Re: TIMBERMAN HALF IM [mainetriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Jeff, I'm thinking of doing Sea to Summit...It's just a tough time of year, being only 3 weeks until Timberman. Still, I'm a triathlete first and a RD second...Or is it the other way around???:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is great information thanks so ,much first for putting on some great races and second for the information. I plan on making one of your races each and every year.

Kevin
Quote Reply

Prev Next