Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sexy Legs!!
Quote | Reply
First IM in Novmber; several HIM's and oly's; lots 'o sprints; and HAIRY legs. Does it help to shave the legs???
Quote Reply
Re: Sexy Legs!! [ZoomZoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. It helps.

Hairy legs and spandex should not be mixed.

That's my official opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Does it help to shave the legs??? "
-------------------

Do they even allow people to compete without shaving their legs? ;)

Haim

-------------------------------------------------------
"Sometimes you need to think INSIDE the box!" -- ME
"Why squirrel hate me?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it help to shave the legs???

It will help your sex life. Do you need another reason?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL...

Well, I have no tris planned for the year, in fact haven't been on the bike or in the pool in 6 months, but still running quite a bit....let the hair on the legs grow out for the first time since 2001----and after a couple months of that I just shaved them back down because I couldn't stand the hair.

Not quite sure what that really means, but I feel better now....

;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done a couple IM's & a hundred or so shorter tris. VERY hairy legs. I find it hard to believe that if I had shaved it would have "helped" anything. Also pretty hairy chest. It's a wonder I can move through water at all, huh?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah well after I got this orca tri race suit, I formed an image in my mind and figured that it would look kinda strange to have hairy legs with this racing suit.

-------------------------
"I like to start out slow, and then taper off."

-Doug Thorne (TVHS XC)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Does it help to shave the legs??? "

No, it doesn't help. It just makes you look like a clone. It's just a carryover from bike racing where there are lots of crashes due to the close proximity of the participants. If you don't plan to draft/cheat on the bike and have sufficient skills to keep the rubber side down, there is no reason to shave for triathlon.

The chicks dig argument is lame. Some do - others don't. My sex life would be nil because my wife thinks saved legs look gay on men and she isn't doing with a gay guy.

Of course if you shave you should do the entire body. Road rash doesn't occur exclusively on the legs.

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i find shaved legs make shedding a wetsuit significantly easier. Also It "feels" cooler, temperature wise when I have my legs shaved both running and riding. Mine have grown in the last month or so as has my masculinity. i no longer have to wear pants if i go out to bar.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexy Legs!! [PlacidPirate108] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"i no longer have to wear pants if i go out to bar. "

Actually, I think it is a law that you do in most places.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some good reasons:

It's cooler (temperature-wise).

If you in an accident you will be grateful.

When you are wet - out of the swim or out of the shower - you will dry off faster.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I see men with hairy legs it's like seeing women with hairy armpits.

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply
Re: Sexy Legs!! [Epiclesis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto! Its amazing how I find myself checking out guys and, once noticing their hairy legs, saying "Damn, he'd be so cute if he shaved his legs. Sigh..."
Quote Reply
Re: Sexy Legs!! [Epiclesis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"women with hairy armpits" For some strang reason I like that. What does that mean?

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First question: Are you a guy or a girl?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Sexy Legs!! [mtodd615] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 What does that mean?

That you're secretly gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that....

;-)

<j/k of course>

Shaved legs---infinitely cooler temperature wise, much easier to apply lotion to the legs, easier drying off, looks "cleaner".....hmmm, what does that say about *me*?

Quote Reply
Re: Sexy Legs!! [MonicaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find this to be true. From my experience, women like shaved legs more so than non-shaved. My wife belongs to the former camp so I keep them shaved year round. Actually she likes the whole body shaved. Gets pretty expensive buying razors because I am naturally a fairly hairy guy. If my wife hated it, I would probably only do it in season and let it grow out during the winter. FWIW, I thought I looked ridiculous in a tri suit with hairy arms and legs and a bunch of chest hair poking through the lycra, but that was just me.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
First IM in Novmber; several HIM's and oly's; lots 'o sprints; and HAIRY legs. Does it help to shave the legs???
it's time to come out of the closet and shave them.

It hurts so bad, it feels good.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexy Legs!! [black] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Once you've shaved, you'll never go back. I honestly can't imagine having hairy ass legs and arms again. Despite all the "benefits" most people preach (massages, road rash, etc.) shaved legs look better than hairy ones. I guess it's kind of that bodybuilder deal where the muscles are more accentuated. Considering all the damn work we do to keep our bodies in the condition they are, why not have them look their best?
Quote Reply
Re: Sexy Legs!! [MonicaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Ditto! Its amazing how I find myself checking out guys and, once noticing their hairy legs, saying "Damn, he'd be so cute if he shaved his legs. Sigh..."[/reply]

that is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard.

okay, maybe not EVER but, you know, that view point is so foreign to me.

Plus, if someone is going to wear one of those unitard tri-suits or one of the man-bra supershort tri-jerseys, they are too far gone already and might as well just shave their legs and wear eyeliner and foundation.

beyourownsuperhero
Last edited by: Action Figure: Sep 20, 07 14:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now the truth comes out! The reason I suck at swimming is cuz my legs are hairy!!!
I feel much better about things now.

There is zero reason, other than vanity, for any athlete besides a bodybuilder to shave their legs.

I dislike shaving my face enuff - why would I want to expand the territory that I have to do that to?

Thankfully I'm not one of those "missing link" sasquatch-looking dudes, and most importantly, my wife digs my legs au naturel, so that settles it for me.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Sexy Legs!! [wvmountaineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Once you've shaved, you'll never go back. I honestly can't imagine having hairy ass legs and arms again. Despite all the "benefits" most people preach (massages, road rash, etc.) shaved legs look better than hairy ones. I guess it's kind of that bodybuilder deal where the muscles are more accentuated. Considering all the damn work we do to keep our bodies in the condition they are, why not have them look their best?

I'm not sure if this means "hairy-ass legs and arms" or a "hairy ass, hairy legs, and hairy arms."

Regardless, I just got a bad mental image from the latter...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shave your legs - stop shaving when you get to the top of your forehead.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan Empfield wrote a great article about "Mowing" -- http://www.slowtwitch.com/...achcorn/shaving.html This works for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Sexy Legs!! [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is THAT why you have no eyebrows?

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply

Prev Next