Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saturday East Bay Group Ride
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine, Chris Danesi (local swim coach/realtor), has organized a little group ride out of Walnut Creek on Saturdays. I did it the last two weekends, will be out there again tomorrow. It leaves from the Rudgear Road park and ride @ 8:00am (ish), and will typically go for 3 hours. It's quite a bit slower (and smaller) than the HOP ride, and is a no-drop ride. Last week we had 5 riders out and we went from Rudgear to Palomares to Redwood Rd. back to Moraga. This week the plan is to head out Reliez Valley to Pig Farm San Pablo and those that wish to, Wildcat canyon.

Hope some of you guys can make it. I'll be the guy on the blue Yaqui.

John
Quote Reply
Re: Saturday East Bay Group Ride [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rudgear Road park

Where is that? Is it near BART?

It's quite a bit slower (and smaller) than the HOP ride

How slow is "slow"? (MPH) And are people generally
drafting closely in a paceline?

Sounds cool. I can't make most Saturdays but could on occasion.
Quote Reply
Re: Saturday East Bay Group Ride [Oleander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Rudgear Road park

Where is that? Is it near BART?

reply]

It's the park & ride on Rudgear Rd. off South Main, between WC and Alamo. You can ride from WC BART in about 15 minutes.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this John. The time won't work for me for the next 2 weeks but hopefully I can jump on at some point.
Quote Reply
Re: Saturday East Bay Group Ride [walnutcreek tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not good for me this weekend...got lots of family in town to wet the bairn's head. But I like that "slow" part and I'm getting bored riding solo so look for a fat guy on a black Cannondale in weeks to come.

I rode Pig Farm and 3 bears last week, damn developers are destroying Briones. Houses going up everywhere.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Last edited by: MattinSF: Oct 13, 06 16:44
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Saturday East Bay Group Ride [Martin C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice one Martin.
Quote Reply
Re: Saturday East Bay Group Ride [MattinSF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]damn developers are destroying Briones. Houses going up everywhere.[/reply]

And guess what - they are gonna start going up near Pinehurst Road and Canyon Road, too.

City of Moraga lost some long-standing lawsuit.

If you ever go running in Huckleberry Park, like I did this morning, you will now have a nice view of the new developments.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And guess what - they are gonna start going up near Pinehurst Road and Canyon Road, too.

Damn. I rode there today at lunchtime.

I'll join the Saturday ride another time. Tomorrow's kids' soccer games are at 9 and 10:15.

Josh W. has organized a ride from Danville Forward Motion, starting in a week or two. It will roll at 8, and be a "Rich Strauss special" -- no lollygagging, no coffee. A good solid L3 tempo for ~2 hours. Hit it hard and go home. I'll put up details when it's starting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slow = 17.6mph average over 65 miles last week. There were some long climbs - Redwood Road and Palomares. I averaged 80% of FT for the ride.

Drafting was the order of the day for me, but I tend to ride with a bit of a gap between me and the rider ahead. It was only 5 people last week, so it was much different that the 50+ that show for the HOP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey all,

I've been looking for folks to ride with in the Walnut Creek area. Are you guys planning on doing these rides each weekend? What about setting up a yahoo group for people to subscribe to or something?

On another note, does anyone know how to ride from WC to the Orinda BART station? I work in the city and would love to be able to get some riding in, either in the morning or evening, but haven't really been able to find a easy route that goes from WC (Iron Horse?) to the Orinda BART station.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Saturday East Bay Group Ride [derobj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://home.comcast.net/~prathman/VS110A.htm should get you there. The left hand column.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Saturday East Bay Group Ride [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks very much for this. I rode it today and the directions were perfect. I got lost once, but that's because I'm dumb :) Anyway, I'm so excited now because I can get in a couple of rides each week before work!!!!

YIPEEEE!
Quote Reply