Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How Tall Is Macca?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have information on the height of Chris McCormack? His website doesn't have any info and I've heard he's anywhere from 5'10" to 6'1". Anyone have any info or photographic evidence? Just curious. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [TriDaveO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Met him briefly at St. Anthony's last year walking down for a swim the day before the race. He was being followed by a camera guy, so I just shook his hand and told him I really enjoyed watching his race in Kona last year. He said thanks and wait til this year...turns out he was right. I was actually surprised how big he was given the pictures I've seen of him. A lot bigger than the few ITU guys I've met. He's a bit taller than me, so I'd guess he's just a shade over 6ft tall.

Fit2Tri Multisport
http://www.fit2tri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seven feet tall!
At least, that's what I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume you with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.
Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [Snatch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AAAAHHHHH!! I just signed it to write that EXACT same thing!!! crazy eh.
well...good on ya mate
Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [aukman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi this is taken from ebay:

Q: Emma, can you tell me how tall Chris is and what his inseam happens to be. Thanks Nov-11-07 A: Chris is 5:11 but i am not sure of his inseam. He rode a 55cm Talon SL when he was with Kestrel. This bike would ride perfect for someone who rides...more

And by the way you got that wrong his eyes shoot thunderbolts and fire is from his arse!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nowhere near as tall as Stadler.... unless he stands on Faris's shoulders.. And if he is taller than Stadler, that's because Stadler choose not to grow as much as he could if he wanted, or fell victim to a mysterous overnight shrinking disease.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was actually with him at the Mayweather/Hatton fight this past weekend in Vegas.....he is friends with a good friend of mine and it was great to meet him for the first time. I was stunned at how much bigger he was in person. He is 5-11' and told me he is at 175 right now......he was every bit of 170 at Hawaii.
Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [tbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. He actually looks like he carries a bit of bodyfat around the middle as well. Hardly overweight, but not as ultra-lean as some of the guys out there. You'd very rarely see one of the top ITU guys carrying as much fat as he does - I wonder if there's an advantage to IM athletes to be a bit heavier than their ITU counterparts, since a lot of them seem to be. Could be injury resistance or just plain power on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [tbird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He looks lighter than 170 when he is racing. I'd be surprised if he was over 160 when racing.

Last edited by: AJHull: Dec 13, 07 8:11
Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [AJHull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know, he has some big legs and, at 6'+, I wouldn't be surprised if he was 170...

Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [donm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ITU guys are tiny because they have to run 30 minutes for 10k. In "relative" terms, even the fastest IM guys don't really run that fast (4mins/k)

Thanks to Euro-Sports for my H3Cs.

http://www.euro-sports.ca
Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [boney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yea but macca was running sub 4min/km at IM Hawaii.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember reading an interview in a Tri magazine with Macca where he said that he had "a bigger frame" than most of the guys he was racing and so he had a harder time keeping his temp. low (like Sindballe).

And in response to the statement that he wasn't as lean as the ITU guys, here is my theory on that. The standard for a good OLY race is sub-2 hours, an endurance event, but obviously not in the same way as an IM. One of the key aspects to true endurance events is fueling and fat stores are a good source of fuel for the human body, so my guess, he trained his body to use fat as fuel in which case being a skeleton wouldn't really be the best idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He was much thinner during his ITU days:

Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [footwerx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, he was running 3m50s.....if 4 isn't "fast" neither is that!!! (Although for IM it is )

Thanks to Euro-Sports for my H3Cs.

http://www.euro-sports.ca
Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [dereklegg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I remember reading an interview in a Tri magazine with Macca where he said that he had "a bigger frame" than most of the guys he was racing and so he had a harder time keeping his temp. low (like Sindballe).

And in response to the statement that he wasn't as lean as the ITU guys, here is my theory on that. The standard for a good OLY race is sub-2 hours, an endurance event, but obviously not in the same way as an IM. One of the key aspects to true endurance events is fueling and fat stores are a good source of fuel for the human body, so my guess, he trained his body to use fat as fuel in which case being a skeleton wouldn't really be the best idea.
no, the fat stores used in an endurance event would be primarily intramuscular. even a very lean athlete has plenty of fat stores for race fueling.
Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [brentl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Ironman racing you just need some more muscle on the bike to get to T2 with some semblance of legs and as Boney says, you don't need to run that fast, so carrying a few extra pounds of muscle gains you more on the bike than you lose on the run (in my view)....for ITU, its all about carry as little mass as possible that allows you to stay with swim pack 1, catch the bike train and then carry minimal weight for a 30ish 10K...

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [LeCrac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI, there is no such thing as 5'11". All men go from 5'10 to 6', but I don't know why.
Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [boney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
ITU guys are tiny because they have to run 30 minutes for 10k. In "relative" terms, even the fastest IM guys don't really run that fast (4mins/k)

I believe Matt Reid is around 6'3" and he does quite well.

I'm not sure how tall Macca is but I'm sure he's wearing a helmet one size bigger after Kona ;-)

John
"A profoundly peaceful run; a gift to myself" Frazz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"He's 6-5, with the afro 6-9. 4 Million dollars a year sure..but he's worth every penny. Fletch, he defines grace under pressure."

Quote Reply
Re: How Tall Is Macca? [TriVelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andy Potts too....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I'm just about 5'8" , Macca's probably right at 6'

Las Vegas NV | IM KY 07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think he is 6' -- I am 5'2 and have a pic with him from Baja 70.3 -- if you tell me how to upload it; I will.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's because Mark Allen told him he was too thin last year. He told us that at our the LA Tri Club meeting in Sept.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say 6"1 and 160lbs.

I chatted to him for 5 mins or so in 2005 over toast and coffee , standing.

I'm 5"9 ( 5"10 on a good day ) and he's clearly 3 inches taller than I am.

I will add here as well , a really nice guy and very misunderstood. I am very happy he won this year :)

"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" - Les Brown
"Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment" - Jim Rohn
Quote Reply

Prev Next