Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hoodoo 500
Quote | Reply
Hey I am leaving tomorrow morning to be "support crew" for this bike race in Utah. They should have live feed if anyone is interested. It's the first year of the race so hoepfully it will go well!!

Here's the link:

http://www.planetultra.com/Hoodoo500/index.htm

Sonja
Sports Massage Therapist
Quote Reply
Re: Hoodoo 500 [sportmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had dreamed of making this event this year but never put it together. I hope it does well because I'd really like to follow through next year. Southern UT is my favorite area of the country. Absolutely amazing. Please bring back lots of pictures :-)

I don't know if the route goes through Boulder, UT but try to stop at the Hell's Backbone Grill. If you don't have time for a proper meal, pick up a jar of their spice rub. It's like crack. My wife and I bought 20+ jars when we swung through on our honeymoon on a motorcycle.

---------------------

Rich Strauss
Endurance Nation Ironman 2013 and 2014 World Champion TriClub, Div I
Create a FREE 7-day trial membership
Quote Reply
Re: Hoodoo 500 [Rich Strauss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rich I am very excited to see this event take place~~be sure to check the link starting friday they will have photos and updates. And I will for sure post some of the ride when I get back!!! I will have to check the loop to see if we can hit that place you mentioned!!

Thanks Sonja
Last edited by: sportmt: Sep 13, 07 14:09
Quote Reply
Re: Hoodoo 500 [sportmt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure the course goes through Escalante, to Boulder, over Boulder Mtn (just under 10k ft) then descends to a left at Torrey. I've ridden this stretch on a bicycle once, on motorcycles about 4 times. Amazing. And the view from the top of Boulder is incredible. You're in an alpine forest looking down at hundreds of square miles of redrock desert. After about a 1:30 descent/ride (if you go right at Torrey) you're in the middle of Capitol Reef NP.

Loooovvveee UT, except for the beer.

------------------

Rich Strauss
Endurance Nation Ironman 2013 and 2014 World Champion TriClub, Div I
Create a FREE 7-day trial membership
Quote Reply
Re: Hoodoo 500 [Rich Strauss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just back from the Hoodoo 500 and all I can say is WOW !!! What an amazing ride course, 520 miles and the climbing is awesome. Our team took the 50+ division in 32 hours of seriuos riding. I would reccomend this ride for those of you road riders looking for a challenging ride. Check the website they have some pics up and as soon as we get all of ours together I will post some also!!!

Hoodoo500.com

Sonja
Quote Reply