Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Developing an addiction to.... wet, dirt and fat? WTF?
Quote | Reply
It must at least be two-three years since I used my mountain bike. And this year I have used my new tri bike all the time. Up until a couple of weeks ago, when I was out biking with a new cycle club. And since then I have been out there in the dirt with fatty wheels, not bothering about how many km I have biked, but the quality of the "trail".

Bent Olav Olsen, recreational triathlete?
Quote Reply
Re: Developing an addiction to.... wet, dirt and fat? WTF? [LastManWalking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It must at least be two-three years since I used my mountain bike. And this year I have used my new tri bike all the time. Up until a couple of weeks ago, when I was out biking with a new cycle club. And since then I have been out there in the dirt with fatty wheels, not bothering about how many km I have biked, but the quality of the "trail".

Sounds like an off-road tri is in your future...

Glad you're having fun!
Quote Reply
Re: Developing an addiction to.... wet, dirt and fat? WTF? [mdbockmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I had forgot how fun it could be. I'm not good at it, but it is great fun!

If there had been any Xterra-like triathlons in Norway I would probably had done it.

Quote Reply
Re: Developing an addiction to.... wet, dirt and fat? WTF? [LastManWalking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do both...mountain and road...They are both fun and good for you ...I don't care about distances...

I feel like a kid again when I am on my moutain bike...Half the time I am yelling and laughing my head off...I am just having a hard time finding friends to ride with me...Most have road bikes...

I would like to try an Xterra one day ...Apparently they are a blast...

F.
Quote Reply
Re: Developing an addiction to.... wet, dirt and fat? WTF? [SportySpice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mountainbiking is a little bit like rock-climbing for me (something I tried 10 years ago). When I was into climbing I was looking for possible new places to climb everywhere. Today I was out for a walk in the forest with my wife and children and I was "analyzing" the track from a mtb-perspective.

Or: Maybe that's my way of seeing things. I also look at the world from a "would this be a good place for a triahlon"-perspective.

Quote Reply