Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Deep posterior compartment syndrome - Hoka One One
Quote | Reply
After many years of calf issues and short term remedies, my physio feels I may have deep posterior compartment syndrome, and I am going to try some Bowen Tehrapy to see if the facial release work helps.

After running for a long time in fairly minimal and low drop shoes, over the last 3 months I've started running in shoes with 10-12mm drop but that are still fairly neutral. I have also started following the BarryP program and so far the only issues I have had have been been I push a run too hard. It's hard not to sometimes when everything feels like it's working properly, but as soon as I up the intensity my issues come back.

I am curious about the Hoka One One's and notice they have a relatively low heal drop. I'm keen to try them to see if they help with my calf issues at all, but I'm a little nervous about going back to a lower heel drop. I was wondering if anyone out there has been in a similar situation to me and found the Hoka One One shoes beneficial, or if anyone has any words of wisdom in this regard?
Quote Reply