Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Climb every mountain!
Quote | Reply
All right outdoor boys and girls explain something to me. What is it about mountains and us wanting to climb them? The view from my window shows a beautiful range of mountains and I want to climb them. I need to climb them. Was never a big climber before but now that I have mountains in my face I want too summit all of them.

Any reasons for this desire?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Climb every mountain! [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
idk but im obsessed with climbing and i have no hills! closest i come is clermont and thats nothing compared to what i saw in Flagstaff...

I say go summit ALL of them and take some pictures then post them... I think im gonna hit some mountains in Cali in August when i get over there, i need to experience real climbs!

"Fear is what drives you in the last part of a marathon in an Ironman. The body is depleted and the mind is fuzzy. Short course racing is driven by power and finese at the end of a race, Ironman demands so much more and is driven by will and mental strength." Chris McCormack

10/28/08 Dev Paul had 400w FTP!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
George Leigh Mallory,"because its there"

Worked for Moses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always liked "Climb every other Mountain"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because its there? Okay, that wasn’t funny. I climbed quite a bit and there is a direct correlation between climbing and the wisdom of one Adam Beckham as set forth in your signature line. Climbing is immediate and one never feels more alive than when you think you are about to die. :) Have fun and be smart. I am pretty much retired with all 10 fingers and all 10 toes. Please make sure you do the same.
--------------------

Born again Heathen
In Case of Keith Moon - Break This Glass
Ironman Certified Coach
USAT Certified Coach
Precision Nutrition Certified
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go climb them and you'll find the answers you're looking for!

Be safe!

Mt. Katahdin 6/12/08

----------------------
Distributor/ Retailer
----------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Climb every mountain! [Flaco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you hike Humphrey's Peak in Flag? It's a fun hike; not real "climbing," but still fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure it's because there's a prize on each peak. I always like the tattoo prizes myself.

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: Climb every mountain! [cholla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im not sure which one i hiked but i definitely think it was that one...i got to 12,000ft and was too dizzy to continue...this was back in 2002 so excuse the memory lapse lol... thats the one that peaks at 12,600 and you sign the book correct?

"Fear is what drives you in the last part of a marathon in an Ironman. The body is depleted and the mind is fuzzy. Short course racing is driven by power and finese at the end of a race, Ironman demands so much more and is driven by will and mental strength." Chris McCormack

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the peak is about 12,600 and there is a log book there. When I went, in July, there were tons of little flies up there, and 30 mph winds, so we didn't stay up top long. My wife got altitude sick by the time we got back to Flag and was miserable for a few hours. I'd like to do it again, but I doubt she will go with me....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yep i skipped my prom to go on a recruiting trip at NAU lol...I hiked all the way up to 12,000ft and was so dizzy when i sat down that i swear 600ft looked like a mile to me... I rolled both ankles on the way down(not badly) and had a blast. The scenery is amazing from certain pts. Id love to ride someday from NAU all the way up to the base which is 8000ft. Idk bout riding down, not much railing and it would definitely be a painful and deadly fall if nipped by a car.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is nothing like climbing a mountain. I love pushing myself and when you are climbing it is so easy. Also I love descending. It is better than the climbing.
Quote Reply
Re: Climb every mountain! [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the view, duh!

Seriously, every bit of matter up there is storing potential energy by virtue of its elevation with respect to gravity (excuse the grade-skool/armchair physics translation)... the higher you go, the more you can feel that energy surrounding you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I live in Phoenix, so I've never done it, but the ride up the mountain road ("Snowbowl Road") is done by many of the local roadies, and it is even a TT course sometimes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer to swim down every river.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's technically Climb Ev'ry Mountain, believe it or not.

Why not watch The Sound of Music, and let Mother Superior explain why to you? ;-)

How *do* you solve a problem like Maria?

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've personally never understood the buzz for mountain climbing. Never interested me one single bit. But a scuba dive in the ocean is an entirely different thing. To each their own.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Mount Timpanogos ; http://www.summitpost.org/...5/mt-timpanogos.html

hike it in August and the wildflowers are unbelievable. Easy hike really, just long - always see Mtn. Goats and have come around a corner and within 10 feet of some once
Alpine Loop is a great ride - up American Fork, backside of Timp, past Sundance and over to Provo Canyon (or in reverse)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have a TT goin up that road!? thats insane, thats gotta be at least 4 miles of turns goin up hill...wasnt Rappstar doin a training camp there a bit back?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, there is a 2-stage bike race up in Flag this weekend, and stage 1 is a climb up that road. There is also a stand-alone race on August 2nd up that road. I may be wrong about either of those being a time trial; they may just be mass-start hill climbs. Sounds like fun but I won't be making it this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I climb every friggin day. I long for a nice flat road............................... to go easy for hours on end : (

Here's its either climbing at 6-10mph, lungs bursting, legs screaming or down hill at 35-40, hr at 100, eyes watering. There is no such thing as 23mph.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Climb every mountain! [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll gladly trade you any day!! I fell in love with Sedona and Flagstaff, and now that I do tri's its a spot that I cant wait to ride for hours at a time!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tibbs- as I man I know enjoys books you gotta read this:
http://www.amazon.com/...214577961&sr=1-1

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dunno why but I am pretty stoked about my trip to Mt Shasta tomorrow for a weeks riding around that mountain (14,440'). I enjoyed Dan's article today about searching for sun in the smoke. That is just what I am doing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its a great place, but. I'll retire to Tucson in about 2 years. I'll live there 9 months and in Jun, Jul and Aug we're planning on living in Flag. Flags got great roads, climbing, flats and its in the 80's (maybe 90's sometimes) in the summer. Its way too cold in the winter.

I love climbing up Mingus Mountain through Jerome. Start at 3200ft in Cottonwood and end at the top at about 7200ft. Its about a 15 mile climb. Mostly switchbacks all the way.

Paul
Quote Reply

Prev Next