Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bella Bayliss 8:50:13!!!!! Ironman Austria! WOW!
Quote | Reply
I been so impress by the level of women ironman racing in the last 2 years. Once again, another girl post a fast time! This time, Bella had a amazing day winning her second ironman in 3 months and posting the second fastest ever ''offical ironman'' time in 8:50:13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to lift my hat to her. I been training with her during feb-march and have notice some very special quality in her... she is a solider in training and work at a level and attitude that i would sure like to match!

Here's a cool pic of her leading the TeamTBB train around the track! What is amazing to me is that Bella was doing most of the interval at the same pace as i was doing them..... but i guess it make sence when you consider those girls are now running under 3h for marathons! So at camp, my job was to stick behind her until i explode!!!!

Awesome job bella.... very impressive day, looking forward to hawaii!!!

Bella short race report: HERE

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Last edited by: jonnyo: Jul 6, 09 21:15
Quote Reply
Re: Bella Bayliss 8:50:13!!!!! Ironman Austria! WOW! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who is the happy chick there in the 5th spot?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonathon,
Whose the girl in black I like her attitude! Congrats to Bella and TBB.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

What about your other team mate James Cunnama. From nowhere to 8:14 and 2nd place. WOW!
Quote Reply
Re: Bella Bayliss 8:50:13!!!!! Ironman Austria! WOW! [Zooma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, yeah....

james dosnt come from nowwhere... it s call south africa!!! ;)!!!

yep...and lucy with a 3rd place and stephen with a 3rd place also...what a day for TBB!

but i decided this was a Bella only thread! ;)

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo, are you being a douchebag even in training and outsprinting chicks at the track after drafting them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can you tell that the guys are triathletes and not runners?

Heavy shoes on the track (and, yes, of course, tubesocks).
I mean, really?
Why? Why? Why?

Re: Bella Bayliss 8:50:13!!!!! Ironman Austria! WOW! [uli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uli

yes, amazing performance! she is going super well this year! Most athlete in this pic are running in the AVIA Bolt II, best shoe for track work!

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Last edited by: jonnyo: Jul 7, 09 6:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, definitely no runners in that group. The guy running behind Bella has only run a 29:12 10K on the road at the USA 10K Championship in '04.

Also, just because they're on the track doesn't mean they're doing a track workout.

In Reply To:
How can you tell that the guys are triathletes and not runners?

I mean, really?
Why? Why? Why?

---

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Re: Bella Bayliss 8:50:13!!!!! Ironman Austria! WOW! [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yeah, definitely no runners in that group. The guy running behind Bella has only run a 29:12 10K on the road at the USA 10K Championship in '04.

Also, just because they're on the track doesn't mean they're doing a track workout.

They seem to be working hard enough for a track workout.
Not sure why that 29 guy is wearing LWtrainers. I just don't get that. And why would he train with a 35(?) min. guy (the one with white shirt, visor and girlie hair) then? Is she doing 200s and he does ks?

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

They seem to be working hard enough for a track workout.
Not sure why that 29 guy is wearing LWtrainers. I just don't get that. And why would he train with a 35(?) min. guy (the one with white shirt, visor and girlie hair) then? Is she doing 200s and he does ks?
Once again Uli,

the 29min guy is running in avia bolt II (girl edition) so that s pretty close to a race flat. IT s the best shoes for ironman people like us.... Why would he not train with a 35min guy? maybe you know things we dont???? Nop, bella is leading the boys....and the same workout. what is wrong with this?

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, that is a girl in the front? Sorry.

Would you mind sharing the session so I can get an idea why a 29min guy would run with someone 35ish?

And why is a LW trainer "the best shoe for ironman people". Why are these people different?

Quote | Reply
I mean, really?
Why? Why? Why?

That is a classic triathlete comment...

It's how you look that is important.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no, i wont share the session ;)

as for 10km running speed...it simply dosnt releate much to your ironman marathon time. So, you can end up with guys and girls of different level training very effectively together...

Well, a ironman athlete and a runner are very different. Not sure what else to told you, that is pretty basic, you train them differently..... to know more about the shoes, go to TBB forum and ask doc, he will be more patient and explain it to you!

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Bella Bayliss 8:50:13!!!!! Ironman Austria! WOW! [FJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I mean, really?
Why? Why? Why?

That is a classic triathlete comment...

It's how you look that is important.

No, it is not about looks. You are missing the point. Track is a smooth, straight, even and slightly cushioning surface where you want to feel the ground.
The serious runners I know wear their flats or spikes on the track. I run in Nike Lunar Racers mostly and find them too soft for track.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
no, i wont share the session ;)

as for 10km running speed...it simply dosnt releate much to your ironman marathon time. So, you can end up with guys and girls of different level training very effectively together...

re session: dude, seriously. don't be ridiculous. whatever...

re 10k speed: it may not relate closely to IM speed but it sure does to run training.

But you probably did a 35k run on the track at 3hr marathon pace. It looks a tad faster though I must admit.