Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And on a world projection:
https://www.instagram.com/p/C1ZoH9BO6iD/
IRONMAN World Championship Documentary Special
📺 Premieres on @outsidewatch, on demand and for free
Not: https://watch.outsideonline.com/live-events/PTO
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [Mulen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Putting out a nearly 3 hour documentary is certainly a choice. Can’t imagine many non triathletes deciding to fire this one up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am only 30 mins into this - but IMO the best documentary of the IMWC I have ever seen. Well done Ironman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mulen wrote:
I am only 30 mins into this - but IMO the best documentary of the IMWC I have ever seen. Well done Ironman

It’s a marathon not a sprint ..
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [tim_sleepless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing, and deserved, section on Cam Wurf - and of course Frodo! darn Ninjas cutting onions ...

tim_sleepless wrote:

It’s a marathon not a sprint ..
Last edited by: Mulen: Dec 30, 23 11:51
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [tim_sleepless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An hour in and it’s making the live coverage look fast paced
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Two hours on the trainer watching this morning and I was very impressed at the pro racing focus that also lightly integrated the age 'inspiring" groupers without overdoing it.

Still it wasn't so compelling to keep me on the trainer and I went and got breakfast and will finish it another time.

They did a great job, other than using outside gave me multiple errors trying to get it logged in on the TV.

They definitely made the most of the story of the also-ran pros who trailed the leader from start to finish.
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurker4 wrote:
Two hours on the trainer watching this morning and I was very impressed at the pro racing focus that also lightly integrated the age 'inspiring" groupers without overdoing it. . . .
They did a great job, . .
They definitely made the most of the story of the also-ran pros who trailed the leader from start to finish.
Likewise two plus hours well spent though confess I fast fwd'ed the ads and the amazing participant stories.
And why did they waste time on the "also-ran pros" when they could've just had endless minutes of 'lovely' Lucy and 'personal reasons' Sam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.....and a few months on,what are the Champions up to? Looking forward to 2024..

Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [Lurker4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't care for it. I thought the AG stories were too many and too long. I wasn't sure if I was watching people's life-struggling documentaries with a triathlon sprinkled in or a Triathlon with life struggles sprinkled in. Didn't care how they went back and forth from male to female race either. I would rather they highlighted the male race in Nice then focus on the female race in Kona. It did keep me busy for 2 hours on the trainer though... Fast forwarding.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I downloaded it and will watch on double speed some time...that should cut it down to 1:25!
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timr wrote:
I didn't care for it. I thought the AG stories were too many and too long. I wasn't sure if I was watching people's life-struggling documentaries with a triathlon sprinkled in or a Triathlon with life struggles sprinkled in. Didn't care how they went back and forth from male to female race either. I would rather they highlighted the male race in Nice then focus on the female race in Kona. It did keep me busy for 2 hours on the trainer though... Fast forwarding.

Yeah I don't mind a couple special interest stories but it was a bit much and too many. The tattooed chef was just too long and I was annoyed I wasn't able to fast forward through some of it. Celebrities racing doesn't interest me. I would have loved to see some coverage of the woman who escaped the war in Ukraine and made it to Kona. I think it would have been better to do two separate docs for the men and the women. Constantly going back and forth got old. And almost 3 hours was a lot in one sitting. (should have watched it on the trainer but my husband wanted to watch it too). Overall there was a lot of good coverage. I've raced in both Kona and Nice so it was fun to see the venues again and see the recent Kona race where I got to participate.

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't stand the Messick ass kissing and highlighting the athletes say 2 days is so amazing. lol, but to each their own..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cannot watch the documentary right now... I'm in the US. Error message when I press 'play':

Quote:
This is unexpected...
Something went wrong, but we're working to fix the problem. We'll be up and running shortly. In the meantime let's discover more videos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I use the Youtube app on my TV to watch most stuff like this.
It's shitty that you have to watch it streaming through a web browser instead of putting it on Youtube.
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
It's shitty that you have to watch it streaming through a web browser instead of putting it on Youtube.

Lol all apps are basically websites just with a non generic browser view
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:

Lol all apps are basically websites just with a non generic browser view

As a software developer, I am well aware of this.
However, the TV in my pain cave does not have a web browser, just a Youtube app.
I could connect my laptop or iPad, but fuck that.
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will go on youtube I think at the end of this week. They just gave a week "exclusive" to Outside's crappy service. It's a shame their service sucks so bad (login issues, navigation/content finding issues, streaming quality issues, inability to cast issues) because they have some cool content on there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
~30min in from the end of my trainer ride on Monday & thought it's been very good so far. I wonder why they didn't release it in a few parts & why it isn't on YouTube. Other than that it's entertaining. Just going to take another two or three rides to finish since I roll through YouTube first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's good to hear that it is going to be on Youtube soon. Thanks for letting us know!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Overall that was not too bad, but I have the feeling that Ironman media has been feeding us the same age grouper stories fighting terrible personal situations over and over again since 1989.
Don’t mistake me, I have a huge respect and admiration for these incredible age groupers who are fighting illness or other life difficulties. But as a viewer, I can’t help finding it a bit disturbing every time, as I’m feeling like if Ironman media team was sort of using the saddest stories to try to pull tears from the viewers.
Also I’m not sure if the targeted viewer is the same for the pro racing story and the age groupers « inspiring stories ».
Last edited by: pwai: Jan 2, 24 14:09
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the pro stories, skip the AG stories.
Quote Reply
Re: 2023 Ironman World Championship docu airing on Outdoor today [pwai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pwai wrote:
Overall that was not too bad, but I have the feeling that Ironman media has been feeding us the same age grouper stories fighting terrible personal situations over and over again since 1989.
Don’t mistake me, I have a huge respect and admiration for these incredible age groupers who are fighting illness or other life difficulties. But as a viewer, I can’t help finding it a bit disturbing every time, as I’m feeling like if Ironman media team was sort of using the saddest stories to try to pull tears from the viewers.
Also I’m not sure if the targeted viewer is the same for the pro racing story and the age groupers « inspiring stories ».
I have never used the FF tab in any triathlon production like I did with this one, From the start it seemed the whole thing targeted people who know very little about the sport and was designed at attracting the interest of potential new clients to the Ironman brand. Nothing wrong with making documentaries like that but from a long time fan,it was a thumbs down for me.
Race content...4/10
Cinematography..9/10
Quote Reply

Prev Next