Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Zwift running- what footpod??
Quote | Reply
Hey team,

It’s indoor season up here in Canada so I’d like to make my treadmill run sessions a little more interesting. I am currently biking on Zwift and have everything for that. Smart trainer, dongle etc. Am I correct in saying to start running on Zwift all I need is a footpod? Yes I have a treadmill lol.

If so, any recommendations on which one to get?
This is how I’m understanding footpods as of now.
Garmin is ant + so you need the dongle to connect to Zwift. Stryd can connect through Bluetooth? Which means I could run on Zwift with my footpod and iPhone at the gym?

Thanks for your help and advise.

Quinner
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift running- what footpod?? [Quinny98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Milestone Pod https://www.milestonepod.com/
$30 and Zwift owns this company

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If all you need is Bluetooth, the Milestone Pod is the simplest and least expensive option. $30 https://www.amazon.com/...SP2001/dp/B01JLHCRFS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apple Watch works if you have one.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm not 100 percent sure of this, but i'm a significant percent hopeful that very soon i'll be giving zwift signer uppers a code for a free foot pod. i've got a treadmill on its way to me, so that i can become a zwiftrunner myself, and we'll have some weekly slowzwift run events soon.

i'll find out what that footpod is. i suspect zwift wouldn't be sending out a footpod unless it was the right one.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift running- what footpod?? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw some video (possibly gplama) that seemed to say the Wahoo Tickr X or Tickr Run can also act as a footpod and sync up to Zwift. I'm hoping this is the case so I can use mine at the gym?

Anybody have experience with that?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift running- what footpod?? [teichs42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried it w/ Tickr X, worked but pacinging bounched around.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift running- what footpod?? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 I've used the Milestone and it's great outside, great for Zwift. I've also used a Garmin footpod + ANT+ USB dongle + computer on zwift. That works, too.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift running- what footpod?? [Wetfeet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wetfeet wrote:
Tried it w/ Tickr X, worked but pacinging bounched around.

does the tickr x transmit cadence?

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift running- what footpod?? [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Using the Milestone along with my Tickr X. Realized after I bought the Milestone that I could use the Tickr X to measure run speed , but found it too erratic. Milestone for speed and Tickr X for heart rate work great for me.

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift running- what footpod?? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've just started using Zwift for cycling and it is a blast. I actually want to ride on the trainer. I'm curious if it will make me want to use a treadmill. I would need a Bluetooth pod since I would use my iPhone at the gym. Thanks for posting how to articles on Zwift. Is the Zwift pod the same as the Garmin and is it also compatible with a Garmin.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift running- what footpod?? [SLBTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLBTRI wrote:
I've just started using Zwift for cycling and it is a blast. I actually want to ride on the trainer. I'm curious if it will make me want to use a treadmill. I would need a Bluetooth pod since I would use my iPhone at the gym. Thanks for posting how to articles on Zwift. Is the Zwift pod the same as the Garmin and is it also compatible with a Garmin.

i just started using zwift to run on this past week. the treadmill i use at work transmits speed so the mileage is spot on.

as far as the fun factor, ive previously ran on the dreadmill just listening to music. now having the environment im used to from hours and hours on the trainer while running is very welcomed. i was running through central park today on zwift and noticed all the fall colors of the leaves and ran past a point i saw recently on vacation. it was a very nice and "distracting" feeling while on the treadmill.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think the Garmin pod would work by itself. This will tell you what you need to know. I'd just get the Milestone pod...it's the cheapest solution.

https://support.zwift.com/...g-on-zwift-r1xW01WHX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SLBTRI wrote:

all i know is that it's a footpod zwift is offering to our readers, both existing and new zwift users i think. they're working out the coding details now about how to offer that to you all.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift running- what footpod?? [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoelO wrote:
I don't think the Garmin pod would work by itself. This will tell you what you need to know. I'd just get the Milestone pod...it's the cheapest solution.

https://support.zwift.com/...g-on-zwift-r1xW01WHX

It works just fine as long as you have an ant+ dongle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Stryd, which I can pair with my garmin for outdoor running and data collection, but that I can also connect, as described via bluetooth to my phone for zwifting from the dreadmill at the gym (just need to fight people off to get the the TM with the most stable position in terms of wifi, so that I don't sap all my cell data)...
Last edited by: Trauma: Oct 31, 18 8:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used my Tickr X last year for Zwift run. The video from GPLama shows what to do.

Here is what you do:

I started the Wahoo Fitness App and started a workout for Treadmill. I let the workout run for about 10 seconds and double clicked the home button on my iPhone to force close the app.

then I started Zwift and it recognized the Tickr X for cadence. I calibrated on Zwift then did my run workout.

This winter I am going to get a Milestone Pod.
Last edited by: ChrisC42780: Oct 31, 18 9:22
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift running- what footpod?? [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisC42780 wrote:
I used my Tickr X last year for Zwift run. The video from GPLama shows what to do.

Here is what you do:

I started the Wahoo Fitness App and started a workout for Treadmill. I let the workout run for about 10 seconds and double clicked the home button on my iPhone to force close the app.

then I started Zwift and it recognized the Tickr X for cadence. I calibrated on Zwift then did my run workout.

This winter I am going to get a Milestone Pod.

Thanks for the info! From others saying the speed bounced around a bit, I think I'll just get the Milestone pod, especially if Dan is getting us a coupon code. That would be great!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes it definitely bounces around and sometimes it stopped recognizing everything and my zwift icon would stop running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys for all our help.

It sounds like they’re a lot of good options out there, but I will take the same path and wait for a code from Dan.

Thanks again team. You always help

Quinner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been using the Milestone Pod for quite some time, works great. My only complaint is that if I don't connect it to Bluetooth for about a week (i.e. I'm running exclusively outside, or I'm on vacation and being a slacker) I then have to resync it (pull the battery and let it "wake up"). But that's a quick easy thing.

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i'm not 100 percent sure of this, but i'm a significant percent hopeful that very soon i'll be giving zwift signer uppers a code for a free foot pod. i've got a treadmill on its way to me, so that i can become a zwiftrunner myself, and we'll have some weekly slowzwift run events soon.

i'll find out what that footpod is. i suspect zwift wouldn't be sending out a footpod unless it was the right one.

Considering that Zwift bought Milestone a few months back (link), I'd hazard a guess that it'll be those. :)

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift running- what footpod?? [OtterJohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OtterJohn wrote:
Slowman wrote:

Considering that Zwift bought Milestone a few months back (link), I'd hazard a guess that it'll be those. :)

pretty darned good guess.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
SLBTRI wrote:

all i know is that it's a footpod zwift is offering to our readers, both existing and new zwift users i think. they're working out the coding details now about how to offer that to you all.

So, you're saying I should wait a few days? I'm in the market for one of these type of devices.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift running- what footpod?? [island rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are codes still on the way or did I miss it already?
Quote Reply

Prev Next