Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Play Experiences or Reviews
Quote | Reply
Hi folks, just wanted to check in and see if anyone has any reviews on the Zwift Play handles. Got an email for them this week from Zwift for the steep beta discount.

https://us.zwift.com/collections/all/products/zwift-play?variant=43737779896576

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Play Experiences or Reviews [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been very happy with mine. Battery life seems pretty awesome. I got them in late September, I charged them... And they are still over 60%.

Note that they do not natively work with tt bars (only road). But, I designed and 3d printed some adapters to connect them to my tt basebar below the grips in a pseudo drop configuration. Works great.

Its nice to be able to select route options, use power ups, give ride-on, uturn, transport, etc right from the bars.

I find pairing through the companion app to be more reliable, but I'm using a very old computer with an internal bt... So that may just be my setup. Anyway companion works app works well.

They seem very well built.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Play Experiences or Reviews [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
I've been very happy with mine. Battery life seems pretty awesome. I got them in late September, I charged them... And they are still over 60%.

Note that they do not natively work with tt bars (only road). But, I designed and 3d printed some adapters to connect them to my tt basebar below the grips in a pseudo drop configuration. Works great.

Its nice to be able to select route options, use power ups, give ride-on, uturn, transport, etc right from the bars.

I find pairing through the companion app to be more reliable, but I'm using a very old computer with an internal bt... So that may just be my setup. Anyway companion works app works well.

They seem very well built.

+1 to the above.

I've had trouble getting them to stay connected to my PC (two extra BT connections seems to be problematic), so better through the phone app. They seem best for a dedicated bike for zwifting (having to attach them to the drops every time would be a pita). They take some work to get the wobble out of the connection to my drop bars, so best if you can get it set right once and be done. Main reason I got them was for the steering, but if zwift could get the virtual shifting to work with 3rd party trainers, that would be killer.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply