Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Observations
Quote | Reply
I used to loathe riding on the stationary trainer.
I had done the trial for Zwift a few years ago and didn't like it.
But with Covid, obviously, needed to turn to more in-home activity. So I tried again.
A few weeks ago, I got invited to a group ride and, holy shit, that rocked my world. 1 hr time trial, trying to keep up with my friends.
I was soaked in sweat, even my shoes were wet. One of the hardest workouts ever. The next day I did a road climb for time and I swear, it was easier doing the climb - b/c it wasn't all out the whole time; there was some recovery.

More recently, discovered Zwift Power which does stats for races. Totally game changing; rekindles the spirit of racing triathlon where you can see everyone's times.
Sign up for Zwift Power if you haven't already! Zwift Power is over the top with watts/KG and other stats. So damn cool; it would be awesome if we could get the level of stats for Tour riders!

So now I am addicted to doing races on Zwift with Zwift Power. This said, the races are so damned hard. My wattage has decreased due to fatigue.

Additional comments:
- The man cave has gone from trainer + iPad to trainer + ceiling fan + articulating mount for the laptop + laptop + bluetooth HRM
- Zwift is ridiculously complicated and bloaty. You need the desktop login, app, and companion app. Then when we do group rides, need to add Discord. And, oh by the way, make sure the app and companion app are on the same network.
- Zwift Power has to be the most outrageously strange installation procedure
- Keep your computer/iDevice plugged in so you don't run out of juice while racing
- Keep your wires clear of flailing. I hit my phone while it was charging and it fell to the ground. Hilarious as my wife tried to use a garden rake to extract it under my pedals going at 100 rpm and 300 watts. "It's OK, honey, you can just leave it".
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Observations [twain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have a good wife.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Observations [tim_sleepless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally agree with you on a few points.

I also did the 7 day trial a few years back and like you also had no interest in continuing, then in March when Covid hit I had no choice and now I love it.
Also agree that it is way bloated and complicated.
Why do I need to go to 10 steps just to change the color of my socks? can't even do it on the website but need to open the app, start a ride then go back to the menu from the ride, which programmer though. this was a good idea.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Observations [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why is zwift racing hard... on the downhills you still need to pedal. even though downhill says 10%, zwift tells the trainer a load of 5% downhill. i tried super tuck in ST group ride yesterday (hilly vanilli). but the time for my trainer to report to zwift that I am doing 0w, the 36mph / -3% section was over. about a 20s delay with my trainer. I should have kept pedaling. basically doing zwift is like riding a fixed gear bike :)
Quote Reply