Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Hub One
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the new Zwift cog yet? If so what are your thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Hub One [seanhsn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting mine delivered next Tuesday; looking forward to it! :)

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm about to pull the trigger on one myself. Will be following this thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had one for about 2 months now. The virtual shifting is pretty responsive, and there's no shifting noise.

I wish they would come out with a version of it with additional buttons to have more functions, similar to the Play Controllers. Currently it will only change the gears (or % of FTP during a workout). The Play Controllers only fit on drop bars so it's not an option for me on a TT bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had mine for about 2 months as well. It's great.

The virtual gearing takes about 10 minutes to get used to. I did buy the Zwift play paddle things but the gear change lever is a bit small and thin. But the good thing is that you can use the Click and the Zwift play at the same time.

It's nice to not have an shifting issues at all. Ever. No cassettes not matching, etc...

You are tied to Zwift for the duration of the trainer but I use Zwift all the time and you do get a free year of Zwift so that knocks the price down about $120-150.

I would highly recommend it.
Last edited by: bluesmachine: Jan 9, 24 9:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just a reminder... the Zwift Cog does not fit on any Wahoo Kicker trainers; only Zwift trainers. I made that mistake.

If anyone wants to buy an un-used Cog for a Zwift Hub One, message me.
Last edited by: BT_DreamChaser: Jan 9, 24 10:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing but great things to say about it. We’re a 2x Zwift Hub One household. Purchased a second one after using the first for a couple of months. Perfect addition to our dual-triathlete pain cave.

Responsive, accurate, reasonably quiet. The Click is pretty much instantaneous. If you enjoy and anticipate remaining in the Zwift ecosystem, I recommend it.

Of course long-term durability is still yet to be determined, but so far so good going on 3 months.

Team Saunders on YouTube
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Hub One [TSTriATX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TSTriATX wrote:
Nothing but great things to say about it. We’re a 2x Zwift Hub One household. Purchased a second one after using the first for a couple of months. Perfect addition to our dual-triathlete pain cave.

This might be the answer for our paincave, I have my tt bike set up on a Volt JetBlack almost permanently, using the cassette which then goes on my race wheels. I ride it 2-3 times a week often in a rush so I don’t tend to mess with that.

I’d like to have a second trainer which can easily accommodate my wife’s 10 speed road bike and either my sons 8 speed xc Mtb or his 8 speed road bike. Wife’s bike has 700c wheels, son has 24 inch so presumably he’d need a front wheel riser but otherwise both bikes should work with just a back wheel removal needed? Currently she has an old direct drive trainer but I can never face swapping cassettes etc to swap their bikes.

Presumably I then have an issue of them both needing a zwift account unless one just uses the others? I think kids get free accounts so that could be ok.

If anyone can see a better solution which doesn’t involve us having 3 trainers I’m all ears!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Hub One [Lankysprinter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds like you’ve nailed it.
Kids definitely get free Zwift accounts so money saved there. And no more swapping cassettes and such. The Zwift trainer will accommodate all 3 bikes.
Also, you get a free year of Zwift when you purchase the trainer, so technically for a year you can all have an account and just pay for 1.
A friend also told me you can pause your free year for up to 2 months if you ride outside in the summer.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Hub One [Lankysprinter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lankysprinter wrote:
TSTriATX wrote:

This might be the answer for our paincave, I have my tt bike set up on a Volt JetBlack almost permanently, using the cassette which then goes on my race wheels. I ride it 2-3 times a week often in a rush so I don’t tend to mess with that.

I’d like to have a second trainer which can easily accommodate my wife’s 10 speed road bike and either my sons 8 speed xc Mtb or his 8 speed road bike. Wife’s bike has 700c wheels, son has 24 inch so presumably he’d need a front wheel riser but otherwise both bikes should work with just a back wheel removal needed? Currently she has an old direct drive trainer but I can never face swapping cassettes etc to swap their bikes.

Presumably I then have an issue of them both needing a zwift account unless one just uses the others? I think kids get free accounts so that could be ok.

If anyone can see a better solution which doesn’t involve us having 3 trainers I’m all ears!

My wife and I share my bike that is mounted to a Zwift Hub. Not sure I understand the need to replace the shifting on that bike with something else. I swap out the saddle/seatpost and pedals (takes about 2 minutes) when she rides after me. We use the same account, but she doesn't save any of her rides. She is saddled with my weight, and I am saddled with her performance (Zwift keeps track of data during the ride, like sprint times), but she isn't riding for "training," just exercise.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Hub One [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BT_DreamChaser wrote:
just a reminder... the Zwift Cog does not fit on any Wahoo Kicker trainers; only Zwift trainers. I made that mistake.

It's only the freehub the COG ships on that's not compatible with anything other than the HUB/Volt.

The COG itself will install on any HG freehub. Let's speculate Wahoo at some point add virtual shifting to the Kickr/Core - You'll be able to install the COG on the Kickr and have virtual shifting with the Zwift Play/Click controllers.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Hub One [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another happy Zwift Hub One user, like it more than my prior Saris and Wahoo smart trainers.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Hub One [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@elf6c - Do you have a reason you like it more than your Saris or Wahoo?

Jimmy S.
Quote Reply