Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Vuka Clip... Locktite ?
Quote | Reply
I have the Zipp Vuka Clip with Vuka Shift extensions. I love them, but I can't seem to keep them tight enough. I snug them down by hand and then add a little bit more tension with a wrench. But on long rides typically over two hours one of them inevitably loosens up. How do I stop this from happening? Can I put some locktite on the threads of the collet? Frankly I'd just epoxy them together if they didn't have to come apart to replace the cable. Anyone have any great tips or suggestions for permanently or semi permanently securing the extensions to the clip that still allows the cable to be replaced or any other necessary maintenance?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Clip... Locktite ? [Nickwisdom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should call Zipp and talk to them about it. Their cockpit stuff is pretty prone to break/crack if you don't follow the torque specs to the letter. And even if you do follow them (like I did with a Vuka Base Bar) sometimes it still cracks. On my Vuka Extensions the carbon extension kept coming loose from the collett so I used some Tacx Carbon Paste to help increase the "grip" and then I have just "felt" the right level of tension when tightening it down. I don't have a torque wrench that is big enough for the collett so I (like most) have to go by feel.
Quote Reply