Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Super 9 hub loose/wobbles
Quote | Reply
Just mounted my Super 9 up and I can wiggle it a bit back and for, meaning it moves a little and there is a little click as it moved> :-O Racing in the morning and I have used this wheel for years without any issue.. IS the hub loose and something I can tighten? If so, how? Or are the bearings just worn causing play?

Quote | Reply
There should be a lock ring thingy on the non-drive side that you can adjust. You need to loosen the small allen bolt on it, might be a 2mm, can't remember. Then you can tighten or loosen the lock ring. That said, this has been discussed in the past and I think even zipp said the hub is meant to have a very small amount of play in it when adjusted properly, and is a non-issue once riders weight is on top of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Super 9 hub loose/wobbles [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.. just figured that out and read up on the adjustment... all good now. Still a little play but much better than before, guessing this is what they call "normal".

Quote | Reply
It’s funny because I just tighten mine, opened ST and saw this thread. Yes, you can remove the quick release, put two Allen wrenches on both side and tighten. I also took mine to LBS and Ask them to put some grease. It was bit tight when I first got it but it loosened up like before after a couple of rides. My mechanic checked everything and it was all good.
Quote Reply