Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp Firestrike brake pads...
Quote | Reply
I have been using Swissstop Black Prince on my previous Firecrest wheels...

Is there any reason I need to use the Zipp Platinum Pads with the Firestrike version... it doesn't seem necessary but I thought I would check with you guys.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Firestrike brake pads... [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's what they recommend that's what I'd use. I used them on my previous FC wheels and they were the best I found for that surface.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Firestrike brake pads... [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stick with Swiss Stop. They are hands down the best.

I initially used the Zipp pads as they came with my 303's. They were fine but I did have a few worrisome moments on some descents in France. When it was time to replace them I went with Swiss Stop and they were fantastic on similar descents in Italy last summer.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Firestrike brake pads... [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Stick with Swiss Stop. They are hands down the best.

I initially used the Zipp pads as they came with my 303's. They were fine but I did have a few worrisome moments on some descents in France. When it was time to replace them I went with Swiss Stop and they were fantastic on similar descents in Italy last summer.

Thanks... Swissstop it is :)
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Firestrike brake pads... [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My FC wheels came with he grey zipp pads, on the inside its labeled "by Swiss stop". There are might be differences in pad height for wider rims.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Firestrike brake pads... [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For myself, the best pads that stops, last and doesn't wear out fast are the Swisstop Black Prince. From my Zipp's to my Reynolds and Eastons they've been working out pretty darn good. Just like my vehicle, I don't mess around with this.

Why change if something is working perfectly is what m saying.
Quote Reply