Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 909's and having a spare...
Quote | Reply
404 up front, disc in back....

How do you carry your spare tubular when it comes to the valve...

404 needs extender... disc doesn't....

I'm thinking spare with black zipp extender with valve in open position... ready for front wheel flat... Back wheel flat, have to be able to remove the black zipp extender.

Just seeing what others do....?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 909's and having a spare... [TargetGoingLong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simply carry your spare with the valve open - if you flat on the front - remove the valve extender from the flat and place it onto the replacement(Spare)

It may add five seconds to a tire change - but if you flat on the rear tire - you'll add a few seconds by having to remove the valve extender if you pre-install it!

AJ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am not big on extenders, unless they are Tufo remove core/screw-in types. People do use the slip-ons, I guess, but the risk of seeing your CO2 go to a leaky pipe just seems to great. I have always wondered about the same thing...and so far just use a 909 and an H3 together, neither of which require an extender.

Again, people obviously ride with the 909/404 set-up but I haven't heard enough feedback on flat experience - nor have that experience myself - to feel comfortable with mixed stems during a race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wrap a piece of teflon tape around your Co2. that way you can use it in the front if needed, or just pop the tire on in the rear.

-zakk

Death Squad Cycling Club
http://www.ridethedeath.com

"Why is that people will drop $2000 on race wheels and a few c-notes for an ugly tattoo and then balk at the race fee?" - Blackie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know the stats but rear flats are more likely so have your spare set for that - just make sure your spare has a removable valve if you use a core extender.....you can carry the extra zipp extender just in case (for example you get a spare tube from someone) but I like the core extenders a lot more.....make sure you carry the little black wrench so you can remove the core extender from the flat 404 front and put it on the spare if the front flats...

I've had maybe 5-6 flats over the past 3 years and they were all rear wheels I think...

Dave
Quote Reply