Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 808s
Quote | Reply
Any suggestions on where to find the best deals on Zipp 808's.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808s [dannoh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any suggestions on where to find the best deals on Zipp 808's.
Try Competitive Cyclist and All 3 Sports. My Zipp 808 with Powertap was purchased at CC and my front 808 was purchased at All 3 Sports. I got really good prices but it may have been because it was the end of the season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom's Place (Bikesport Michigan) and R & A right now. Some leftover 808s at Trisports.

“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work” - Thomas Edison, Inventor
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can find a 2008 or even a 2007 model, they will be on sale. Of course then you will not have the fastest 808s out there.

The 2009s look like a nice improvement over the previous models.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Edge in Orange County.....Just ask for Hank....He will set you up...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gear West Bike in MN has a number of Zipps with cosmetic blems that are marked way down. Not sure if they're 2008 or 2009. Don't see them listed on the website but I would give them a call if you're interested. Contact info at http://gearwestbike.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All last week cbike.com had them 25% off..so a set of 2009 808s was like $1800. I really wish I would have bought them now ...

You could always call and see if you can get a deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808s [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you train on your Zipps with the powertap? Is there much of a weight penalty adding the power tap hub in your opinion (seems like weight is part of the consideration in getting a set of race wheels like 808's). Just curious as I was looking at a pair of 808's (tubular) and wondering if the power tap hub sort of went counter to the weight savings I was trying to achieve.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
try sbrshop.com or trisports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808s [Jamison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was amazed when I saw the 25% cbike.com coupon. You can get the new 7900 for $1500 complete, which is insane. It's usually not applicable to Zipp stuff, but that was....CRazy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's a good deal :)

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...=zipp%20808;#2206346

Zipp 808 Front NEW...$750 shipped.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808s [Macho Grande] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I was amazed when I saw the 25% cbike.com coupon. You can get the new 7900 for $1500 complete, which is insane. It's usually not applicable to Zipp stuff, but that was....CRazy.

A shame I didn't see it. I would have bought something like that on credit, regardless of whether or not I could pay it off in the forseeable future for that kind of a discount
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808s [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the info, found a closeout 808 close to home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just pulled the trigger on a front clincher 2008 model for $776.24

Edited to add: Bought it at Triathlon Lab if anyone's interested in getting one for that price.
Last edited by: paul_tx: Feb 28, 09 14:45
Quote Reply