Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 808 vs. Hed Stinger 90
Quote | Reply
Sorry if the information has already been posted, however I did a quick search and did not find anything?

Any comparisons between the Zipp 808 vs. Hed Stinger 90? Price aside, is one better than the other?

"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." Po "The Dragon Warrior", Kung-Fu Panda
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 808 vs. Hed Stinger 90 [usctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same wheel technology in terms of engineering, I believe they share a patent..."Torordial" i think is the actual technical name used for the design of both wheels. Stinger has no dimples obvioulsy and I really do not know too much about the Hed Hub either. Im sure others know much more about them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden both, and I'm faster on the Stingers. But I will attribute that to better fitness I had when I owned the Stingers. Stingers are heavier 1760g v.s. 1410g on my scale, so a bit more than 3/4 of a lb. add'l rotating weight. Stinger is also considerably wider at the rim bed. I like both wheels, and money being no issue, I'd probably go with a Zipp 1080 rear and 808 front. But money being what it is, I'll probably be on my Stingers again next year:) Both are great wheelsets.

I wanna go fast!
Last edited by: ironmanatee: Nov 15, 07 6:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No quantifiable difference that has relevance in a real world situation. Stingers are a great choice if you are looking for a toobie. Zipp hubs are probably a little higher quality but the differences are so minimal that you won't notice. But if you like a loud hub to scare people as you ride up on them, Zipps are great.

And if dimples (oh my gahd, I'm bringing these up, look out!) really made a significant difference, Zipp wouldn't cover 15% of theirs with decals.

Why are you looking at a tubular wheel?

------------------------

Toronto Retailer and Fitter

hellovelo.ca
Quote Reply