Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 606 - Wind Question??
Quote | Reply
I have a race this weekend that is calling for 25+ MPH winds. The wind will be out of the NE and we will be riding an out and back course heading north on the way out. I have a Zipp 606 package (404 on the front 808 on the back). Use them or not??
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 606 - Wind Question?? [swimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive got a set of these and used them in the wind on purpose the other day to se how they handled, mostly to see if i could upgrade to the 808's, but here is what I found.

I was riding in 25mph headwind with gusts to 30mph sometimes of the nose and sometimes with a quartering head wind, man it blew my 230lb ass around but that was when I was riding upright, but once I got into the aero position it was lights out for the wind, I regained control of my bike and was able to ride with no problems. The 606 wheelset is the bomb.

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 606 - Wind Question?? [swimfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course. Aero wheels shine more in high crosswinds. The 606 was a popular wheelchoice in Kona last year, also in St. Croix this year. I think it will probably be what you will see under most Zipp-sponsored riders this year on the Queen K.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply