Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 404 question for you retailers and others
Quote | Reply
I am looking into a new aero front wheel, and the Zipp 404 has surfaced as my choice. I am hoping to pick up the wheel if a good end-of season-sale comes my way.

I am wondering if any of you out there know if Zipp is coming out with an improved design for next year. If Zipp is coming out with a new wheel...

- Is it worth the wait?

- How much will the '04 wheel cost?

- Anybody seen it?

Thanks,

Paul

Paul..
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 404 question for you retailers and others [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My personal opinion as a retailer and as an owner/competitor on Zipp (and many other brand) wheels is that Zipp are the best. That I am aware of, I've used them all.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 404 question for you retailers and others [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,

What i needed to know is...

Is Zipp is planning to roll out an IMPROVED design for next year?

Paul..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beyond their very expensive, ceramic bearing stuff (which I am not into) I don't think so. Here's my .02 cents on wheels:

1. No wheel is perfect.
2. A wheel must be equal parts of the "Tom D's wheel performance triad" (not unlike the old nuclear triad):
A. Durability.
B. Weight.
C. Aerodynamics.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no improving the Zipp 404 for 2004, except for the ceramic bearing (Z4) that Tom mentioned. You will absolutely love this wheel. I don't know about end of season sales, but call Zipp and ask if they've got any year-end specials.

-"Bottom line, it's the Hunter, not the arrow. Ride what you want."

http://fulltriathlonracing.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply