Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zipp 202s
Quote | Reply
anyone running these for road racing? After the 2008 wind tunnel redesign (to 32 mm and dimples), they look pretty great (except cost of course) and I'm getting close to pulling the trigger.

Only looking for opinions on them, not their merit vs. a "real" aero wheel like a 404, etc.

Last edited by: rroof: Apr 8, 09 9:54
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 202s [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friend let me borrow his for a couple of rides. Definitely light, stiff, and durable (he rides a lot). Everything you could look for in a road wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have a buddy who raced on them but has since relegated to training wheels (i know, lot of bling for that). i know you don't want to debate the merits, but have you checked out the new 303s? much better wheel for road racing imo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A new version is available soon that was used in Paris Roubaix by at least one team. These are the enhanced durability versions suitable for cyclocross. Realistically, the stock versions are extremely durable, certainly enough for a 200 lb. rider on an every day basis. The new ones are very, very durable. Iif you have any uncertainty about durability go for the new versions- they were used on the cobbles at Paris Roubaix!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair and LOVE them. bought 'em for hill climbs, but they quickly became my favorite road racing wheel. they're the older model.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW I've been on the newer version of the 303 (the 44mm) and love the wheel. Nice and light seems stiff enough for my 180lbs. The version with the carbon bridge is tough enough for CX and the new set with the wider rim bed could be seen on several bikes at Flanders.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 202s [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
A new version is available soon that was used in Paris Roubaix by at least one team. These are the enhanced durability versions suitable for cyclocross. Realistically, the stock versions are extremely durable, certainly enough for a 200 lb. rider on an every day basis. The new ones are very, very durable. Iif you have any uncertainty about durability go for the new versions- they were used on the cobbles at Paris Roubaix!

Ummmm Tom, Paris-Roubaix is THIS weekend, and the teams are using a modified 303's, not 202's (that I've heard of).

The 202 is considered their "climbing" wheelset and is for lighter riders only. They are tubular only and tip the scales at just over 1kg for the pair.

In other words ....... I seriously want them for my road bike so I can get it under 13 pounds ........... ;-)

Quote | Reply
I would go for the 3's. I had some 202 and they were great, but fragle. You can get about the same weight with some Campy Alu wheels, as well as some others such as Nimble or hand build for about 1/3 the price.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about this build? Bulletproof spokes, hubs and possibly rims? http://weightweenies.starbike.com/...iewtopic.php?t=56092

USA Cycling Cat. 2 Coach!! Yahoo
... ... ... ... ...
http://www.raysracingadventures.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 202s [rayhuang] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate you.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp 202s [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd brake those unfortunately ..........