Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zinn and the Art of Triathlon Bikes
Quote | Reply
Anybody take a look at this yet? Is it worth getting?

Victor

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Zinn and the Art of Triathlon Bikes [Bell Head] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So nobody's had a chance to peruse this book yet?

Victor

================================
blog
twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i, too, am curious.
Quote Reply
Re: Zinn and the Art of Triathlon Bikes [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Received my copy from Amazon last week. It is a useful reference book; however, Zinn has a lot of opinions that are stated as facts. One thing you quickly recognize after having spent a lot of time with this forum, other forums, and the research literature, is that there is a lot that is not quite as clear cut as Zinn would have it. I think the real strength is all of the information on equipment and repair - for someone like me who is in the process of gradually becoming a fairly competent wrench, Zinn manages to bring together a lot of useful information in a very clear manner in a package that you can just prop up in front of you on the workbench.
Quote Reply
Re: Zinn and the Art of Triathlon Bikes [farmboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else have an opinion on this book?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just bought it yesterday so haven't had a chance to read it yet. I already had Zinn's book on road bikes which is a good read.

I did skim over chapter 3 Positioning on the Bike. He has a number of blurbs from numerous fit people within the industry so it makes intersting reading. John Cobb discusses the "big slam" and the 76ish multisport position is discussed as well as steep/aggressive so it gives some options and their reasoning. As mentioned, haven't had time to read it yet, but it strikes me as a good reference book with lots of practical tips.

First impression - buy it.
Quote Reply