Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zero G brakes
Quote | Reply
I am planning to order Zero G brakes online. Would like opinions regarding the best place to get them from.
Quote Reply
Re: Zero G brakes [trigeekdoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't really matter since you will NOT find any discounts at all on them as they sell about all they make - boutique product at its finest! I love mine FWIW, but they are most certainly not worth the money over "standard" Dura Ace/Ultegra or Record/Chorus components. But, if they weren't "worth it", I guess they would be easier to come by ;)

Quote | Reply
I love my Zero G brakes and have had them now for about a year. I agree with rroof that you should expect to pay full retail as they are high in demand.

Cheers,

Herbert
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When customer service is an issue:

http://www.nytro.com/category_s/33.htm

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Re: Zero G brakes [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
Doesn't really matter since you will NOT find any discounts at all on them as they sell about all they make - boutique product at its finest! I love mine FWIW, but they are most certainly not worth the money over "standard" Dura Ace/Ultegra or Record/Chorus components. But, if they weren't "worth it", I guess they would be easier to come by ;)[/reply]

I am completely aware of the fact that they are not worth the money but just an issue of lusting over a well made piece of engineering. I was also not expecting to get a discount but just wanted a reputable retailer with prompt shipping and good customer service. Noted that Nytro only has the 05 version though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm with you. Have to have them, but just can't work it in yet. Maybe I could get a second job. Oops, scratch that. Then I wouldn't need them.

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got mine on eBay.......saved a few bucks.....

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, notice I have them as well :0 Great piece of engineering for sure (much like a Thompson masterpiece seatpost).

I would call Nytro and see if they have the new version. I'm sure they get more than any other shop around (read 2-3!). All 3 LBS that I go to keep zero in stock (ti version that is, 1 has a SS set).

Good luck!

Quote | Reply
Send me a pm I will give you a st discount.
Rich

Richard Nixon, Fit2Tri Multisport Inc.
Fit2Tri,
rich@fit2tri.com
Discount code, slowtwithch
Quote Reply
Re: Zero G brakes [Irondicknixon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol...how much is the discount worth? Maybe you'll end up selling them all based on this posting alone
Quote Reply
Re: Zero G brakes [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brakes? Hwo needs to slow down that much? Save your money and invest in a better set of wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Trigeekdoc and All,

Hi-Tech in Kearney Mesa, CA gives the TCSD discount, as does Nytro, and the Trek store in Kearney Mesa.

The Ti model has ugly Ti brake pad screws that are totally non aero. Take them out and save them for a place where aero is not important. Cost of each Ti screw - about $5.

Use stainless button head hex drive screws instead. Bag of 100 for $5.50 or so at Abba Bolt http://www.ababaqa.com/

Total weight of 4 stainless screws (slightly shorter) vs. 4 Ti screws is less than 1 gram.

My ZG brakes are OK. Do not stop quite as well as DA and you need to check occasionally to see that the pads are centered - and they are light!

I am hoping that the follow on models will be more aero and not look like they belong on Darth Vader's Death Ship. (Although if the new model bikes hide them behind the forks and seat post who cares how aero they are?)

Cheers

Neal

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jack and Adams in Austin just got in a whole shipment of the 07 brakes. www.jackandadams.com

There beautiful and worth every penny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have them in stock at my store.

-Darrell

Quote Reply