Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ZIPP 303 adding a power tap hub
Quote | Reply
I recently acquired some ZIPP 303's (awesome wheels). my first zipp. I also have a power tap hub in a cheap training wheel that I stopped using. it has an old model power tap sl pro.

could i take the 303 to a bike shop and ask them to move the hub from the zipp wheel? would something like this cost me alot. in turn i would be able to ride with power on all 3 of my bikes. any thoughts or suggestions?

i was thinking of buying the Stages PM however since my bikes have different cranks that are not compatible it wouldn't be the smartest idea.
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP 303 adding a power tap hub [trix99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depending on how old the wheel is yes this is a viable and not very expensive option. The cost should be new spokes and labor.

I did this same process when I purchased a new set of wheels, and had the powertap hub pulled out of an old Zipp 404.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP 303 adding a power tap hub [trix99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to make sure the hub has the same spoke count as the wheel.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP 303 adding a power tap hub [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some cycling shops that do custom wheels are a good resource. Colorodo Cyclist and Excel Sports are 2 that ocme to mind. Zipp use to offer just a 404 rim I thought that you could build into a costom Powertap wheel. I wouldn't mind converting my Sram S30 into a power rear wheel some day. I've had some hub issues with it anyway.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: ZIPP 303 adding a power tap hub [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gymrat wrote:
Depending on how old the wheel is yes this is a viable and not very expensive option. The cost should be new spokes and labor.

I did this same process when I purchased a new set of wheels, and had the powertap hub pulled out of an old Zipp 404.

the wheel with the PT is about 2-3 years old, no more than that.
Quote Reply