Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yokohama WCS
Quote | Reply
So the US isn't bringing any men to Yokohama instead holding off til Auckland. Still some of the big stars are racing in Gomez, the Polyanskys, Vidal, Murray, Hauss and Riederer (and I'm sure I missed a couple). This should be a good throwdown if not a grand final preview. I'll be curious to see if Gomez runs away with this and if Richard Murray doesn't try to do the same (literally, given his run speed).

The US women have some big guns toeing the start line, with Groffy and Gwen. Norden, Riveros-Diaz, Moffy, Densham, Hewitt, Haug...lots of firepower though a few medal contenders from London look to have opted out. Perhaps they're saving their mojo for the grand final in Auckland? Have to think Moffy, Riveros-Diaz and Hewitt are all super motivated after disappointments in London, and hoping Gwen can lay down a solid race before the grand final. Groffy just won in Beijing and seems to still be on good form. Oh and special mention for Gentle, a fan favorite :)

-------------
My Stupid Blog
Gatorade EndurAlliance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Yokohama WCS [trikicks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fields seem smaller that usual for WTS - so me thinks Murray in the mens, and Haug, Gentle and Jorgenson in the womens will have their work cut out trying to get up to the front pack - Murray's a strong cyclist so he's got a chance as does Gentle and Haug, but Jorgenson is a weak biker and needs the front pack to sit up if she misses the Haug / Gentle train.

I like that its smaller fields - makes for more drama when there are packs on the bike.

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Yokohama WCS [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed, much smaller than usual for WTS...was thinking maybe it's timing between London and Auckland? Or that a bunch of the people who had London (and not the series) as their goal are jumping into the non-draft races?
Quote Reply