Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Yoga Videos?
Quote | Reply
Can anyone suggest some good yoga videos for triathletes?

Thanks,

Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Yoga Videos? [R Isgrigg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard,

Check out "Yoga Conditioning for Athletes," by Rodney Yee. An excellent program to follow, with a large focus towards the lower extremities and hip complex. Two versions are available VHS and DVD. The DVD is an expanded version with mini-sport specific routines for swimming, cycling, running, etc.

You can pick it up from Amazon.com, Gaiam.com or a host of other retailers. Right now Gaiam has the DVD on sale for $11.99.

-Joe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Basically anything done by rodney yee is going to be excelent.

I would suggest that you get the DVD cause they have several lessons on a DVD instead of just one on a VHS.

I would echo what the other person said. A lot of the combo DVDs are out of print now but you can still get them through amazon for a good price (below retail)

I personally have Power yoga, I think and yoga for abs arma and legs.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Tom Demerly [ In reply to ]
Re: Yoga Videos? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that is funny!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey R,

If you prefer your video yoga instructor to be female then try the stuff done by Patricia Walden - if I'm not mistaken she was also recommended by JulieAnne White on this web site.

There's distraction (see Tom's nude yoga post above) and then there's motivation.

Best,

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yoga videos are great (I have a few including the Rodney Yee Yoga for Athletes mentioned above) you can pop them in and practice anytime you want....but I would recommend taking some classes with a live instructor.

A good instructor will adjust you into the postures properly, and many yoga studios have mirrors so you can see yourself in the poses. It may seem like its not that important...how hard could it be to follow a video right?

Its amazing how much a small adjustment in the way you hold your hold your hips or legs or whatever changes the stretch, and if done incorrectly you could be doing more harm than good.

You can do it from a video, but if at all possible its definitely worth taking some classes, most gyms offer them.

Its literally done wonders for me....good luck!
Quote Reply