Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Yet another poll
Quote | Reply
So this time, that's serious stuff:

Shouldn't people who drink coffee with milk and/or sugar and/or cream be banned from this planet?
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another poll [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, they should.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, it just that they are English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, come on Francois. A cafe creme on occasion is a good thing! Mais avec sucre, jamais!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another poll [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What if you put soy milk in your coffee?

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another poll [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
soy milk??? arrrggghhh....
that should be an other poll...once my wife told me she was gonna get some ice cream and comes back with low fat soy milk no sugar added ice cream!!!
what the ... ? that should not be allowed...that's clearly a WMD!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And another thing: In the morning when I go in Starbuck's and the person in front of me is ordering (and talking on their cell phone, and trying to find their stupid "Starbuck's card") and they order a "Grande half-caf mocha latte with room" that bugs me.

I step up and order a "medium black". Apparently they don;t have that at Starbucks, so I get a "Grande Breakfast Blend without room".

They need two seperate lines for customers: "Pretentious, self important yuppies ordering pretentious boutique froo-froo drinks that take a granola ten minutes to make and are paid for by novel technology of dubious import." and then "Coffee for normal people".

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another poll [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you clearly show some signs of time spent in Europe! :-)

Coffee is black period. Coffee comes in a small mug. if you want more, order an other one :-)

(cell phone is an issue I won't even go into)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I concur. I've lived in both Germany and Belgium for short stints as a bike racer and also working for my Uncle, Sam.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah ... no kidding, like I tell my wife , "If a want frozen yogurt, I'll put some in the freezer. I want Iiiiiice-creeeeaaaaamm". I'm a mint choclate chip guy BTW ... green, not white (said in my best James Bond voice).

Tom --- way to go buddy. You just pimp-slapped 1/6th of all Chicago ... and 7/8th of Barnes and Noble.

Soy anything should be banned. 'Nuff said.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another poll [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> Tom --- way to go buddy. You just pimp-slapped 1/6th of all Chicago ... and 7/8th of Barnes and Noble.

And the state of Hawaii, where coffee is served freezing cold in a pop can with almost half milk and more sugar than a Coke.

-Zo
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another poll [Zo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shame on me. I feel soooooooooooooooooooooooo bad. JCC.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about espresso? I like a little sugar in that.

For a regular cup of joe, I like it black. To put anything in it is sacriledge.
Quote Reply
Click here....just go with me on this one... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Click here....just go with me on this one... [Ironstevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Warning!!!! Do not click that link if you are drinking anything.

Thanks Ironstevie, I needed that

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alright, i feel like i need to respond to this, because you are attacking something i do everyday!

first of all, i hate starbucks, and everything that it (and every other expensive franchise coffee place) represents. i try to avoid buying anything there.

when i get coffee, i get it from a machine, which is located in the building where i take my earliest class of the day. i put 60 cents into the machine, and i push a few buttons; "coffee", "two sugars", "2 milks" (whatever that means), "large". the machine gives me a paper cup full of the foulest coffee imaginable. and i stay awake through bioinstrumentation 310.

so, yes, when i go to starbucks on a date or whatever, i drink the coffee black (and take a significant chunk out of my entry-fee budget). but when i drink coffee for the purposes of staying awake in class, i'll take whatever help i can get in the war against stanky machine coffee.

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Re: Click here....just go with me on this one... [Ironstevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was phaukin funny!
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another poll [vidaeboa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep ... I used to trust that truly foul machine stuff, back in the days, when I was an undergrad. Until the day I noticed both the coffee and the chicken soup came from the same spigot. i don't like noodles in my coffee.

Dre'

-----------
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another poll [Dr. Dre'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i dunno, dude, those few extra carbs might've been the fuel you needed to really rip through your post-class destressing workout. at least, that's what i use my workouts for.

seriously, though, noodles in your coffee? weird...

http://www.theninjadon.blogspot.com

"The bicycle riders drank much wine, and were burned and browned by the sun. They did not take the race seriously except among themselves." -- Ernest Hemingway, The Sun Also Rises
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As long as they don't try to slip any of that shit into my medium black (from Timmy's), we're good. I had a trainer who used to put 7-12 packs of sugar into one medium coffee - dude claimed to be a fly. It worked for him though. I think the main difference between runners and cyclists is that cycling has a very strong coffee culture, whereas the majority of the runners I've ever worked out with thought I was insane for my pre-workout habit. I did find that coffee immediately before swimming gave me heartburn - must be the prone position or something.

Viva la cafe!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another poll [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$5.95 or whatever a coffee costs or $.89 32oz refills of my favorite soda at Circle K? Not a tough choice. One week of soda's = more sugar + more caffeine + more money in my pocket. tastes better also

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Yet another poll [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After holding prices steady for damn near as long as I can remember, Tim Hortons increased their prices a year or two ago. Now instead of paying $1.10 for my med coffee it's $1.25. I think I can handle that.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another poll [TripleThreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eh piss on all of yah. starbucks black coffee aint more than two bucks and it tastes a hell of a lot better than the sh!t they serve at McDs or the gas station or wherever you're getting your $.85 motor oil.

and u know what? i absolutely love those soy mochas (with whip cream; figure that one out!)

;)
Quote Reply
Re: Yet another poll [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only if they are no good, ungodly, smelly, can't win their own race, FRENCHIE'S

Woop's I left out short and rude
Quote Reply

Prev Next