Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i head out to kona to train on the course and i log back in to find that all you know how to do is tell people who do not agree with your politics "assholes". just curious, what that the quip pro quo for kutoa sending paul to his fisting session? grow up.
Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in for $25 and I'll enjoy following the race. Keep posting the stories and good luck to Kenny.

BK
Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
but there is a much bigger picture that you and all the old school cronies on this thread just can't seem to grasp. you put blind ambition ahead of logic and in fact what some might call "the truth"

No, you are the one that does not get it. If you do not want to give, please - dont. And shut up already. I hope you find something you can support. No one was demanding support. How dare you call Paul out while asking for funds, if you did not want to give your answer could have been as simple as not hitting the reply button. Alas, that was not as simple as you would like...you need to try to get others to see things your way.

By the way, I am 31 and not really that old...I have repect for Kenny as I do for others in history. He has paved roads. How dare you desecrate that. You have no idea what all you owe to him for making YOUR road that much smoother.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't like the idea, I won't be giving money. It is very simple.

Even though I have problems with the concept of charity, I would be somewhat disappointed if the money raised here for Kenny would be more than the money raised for CAF through the Peaceful Tribe iniciative. Something wouldn't be right.

OF course this next to "Let's get Mr. Tibbs a P3" sounds great...

But the bottom line is: You don't like it, don't contribute.
Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No PM? I will send you an e-mail when I get to the office. I did not have any 11t Shimano...but, I said I would provide and thus miracle of miracles things happen.

Great call on that Tibbs P3.......................hmmmmmmmmmmm..........

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me start by saying that I am so tired and dazed that I am unsure if some of these posts are positive or negative. I am pretty sure that most are positive!

Maybe it was inapropriate that I figured eveyone knows the KS/PT stories. Seeing that I follow lots of regular posters and could give a Clif Note's description of most of you, I figured most know our story,..... kinda like a family. Although I counted only 3 negative posters and the rest positive, maybe I should have been more detailed in describing what we are attempting.

For evey time I may ask for something without presenting it methodically, I offer or give something away in the same manner 20 times more I believe that I give more than take.( I am sure there are plenty of retailers, vendors and racers/consumers out there that would agree with me)

To all of you that have either given words of support or fiancial support to this task, THANK YOU! I think this will be a much more creative effort than getting Herbalife or Tide as a title sponsor!

For the few that have given negative posts about this effort, I appologize if you have been offended. I hope someday we can interact at a race, or some other common ground, without knowing who each other is. My guess is that you walk away liking me and me liking you!

We should have KennySouza.com up shortly. We are also in the process of making a commerative VOTE FOR SOUZA, RAAM 2006 shirt. We will keep you posted! Thanks Again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a simple question dude. A lot of pros, current and former, post here. I have noticed Paul Thomas posts a lot of interesting 'Souza stuff' and I asked if the dude posts here. maybe under an anonymous screen-name. I don't know if I'll donate any money, but if this years RAAM course goes through AZ, NM and TX and Paul and Kenny need crew help, I have a truck and lots of spare time so sign me up.

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dont worry about a few negative posts and keep up the "send Kenny to RAAM" campaign! Once the site is up and running Ill see what I can dig up. RAAM goes right through were I live and I have a couple of checkpoints within a couple hours drive so I may go there to yell for Kenny!
Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rejecting a fellow Portagee. isn't that like snitching on the mob?

Quote | Reply
Paul, I'll pay big money to see Kenny Kaboom Souza blow by Tinker in his neon speedo. How about that?

(Shit. Did I say that out loud?)

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [Kiri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"and to have the recipient respond thoughtfully...and not be called an asshole..."

i don't think anybody who asked for a thoughtful response got called an asshole. if so, can you show me where that occurred?

as for the child support barb, kenny is a divorced father, and has faithfully executed ALL parental responsibilities, both financial and in the amount of time he spends with his son.

perhaps you did not get the memo. nobody is forcing you to donate a thing. this is SIMPLE. send money! or don't! the fact that so many people, you included, seem to have a strong emotion about one element or another about this, mystifies me.

would you like to sponsor kenny's RAAM venture?

YES NO (circle one)

since there are 52,353 separate discussions on this forum, if you find this topic distasteful, is it possible you might just want to skip this thread and participate in any of the 52,352 discussions on this forum?

YES NO (circle one)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i don't think anybody who asked for a thoughtful response got called an asshole. if so, can you show me where that occurred?

but is it possible for posters here to not call anybody an asshole at any time for any reason, no matter how un-thoughtful or ignorant or foolish or unpleasant their responses or posts?

or is that just a stupid question?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Does Mr. Souza post on this forum?
Who cares if he does not? What is that? The test to see if he is worthy of our support? Fuck folks - we sent money to a homless man hit by a car on his bike...did he post? Not that he was not worth our efforts - but Ken Souza sure as hell is.

You're right, it really doesn't matter if he posts here or not as it pertains to his fundraising. Paul DID claim, however, that "SLOWTWITCH.COM is Kenny's favorite site, along with the launching pad for this effort."

I've circled the "NO" for giving to this event, but I think it'd be easier to swallow if Kenny had posted on the forum (ala Bjorn). It is possible, I suppose, that it's his favorite site based on JR's insightful "Skinny Jeans" article. I mean, anything's possible.

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [Greg X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
(There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.)

I'm an asshole.

You're an asshole.

He's an asshole.

She's an asshole.

Wouldn't you like to be an asshole too? ;-)

Asshole is a pretty tame thing to call somebody. Anybody who gets upset about it is an asshole, if ya ask me.

<all of the above tongue in cheek, big smileys, etc etc etc>

Can we all hold hands now and sing KumBayYa?

signed,

an asshole

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [KLinggi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>I've circled the "NO" for giving to this event, but I think it'd be easier to swallow if Kenny had posted on the forum (ala Bjorn).<<

Well now, if you recall, Jonas first came on the forum to defend Bjorn when some people here were talking shit about him. So Jonas posted first before Bjorn. Very similar to what Paul has done for Kenny.

And swallow, or don't swallow, it's all a personal preference.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
irrelevant of the 'kumbaya and assholes', i am not personally affected, but i find it very interesting that most people here are far quicker to sling insults back and forth to relatively unknown strangers behind the cloak of the net than in the real world (or so it seems). even over lame things like calls for sponsorship, stride rate, etc.

this place is a great spot to study the substance behind the facades. i guess the 'eye-for-an-eye' retaliation principle is what rules the world.

"so what did you learn from slowtwitch?"

"not much about triathlon, but a hell of a lot about human nature..."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was trying to temper my response against exactly what you said about the responses Greg. You're right.

Here's the thing: I don't see the benefit- to anyone- of being insulting and mean spirited or spiteful. I don't see the payoff to any party. It is ill-intentioned.

My experience with people who spread ill feelings or are spiteful is that they are envious or displeased with themselves. Cynicism and negativity is often an afront for poor self esteem, anger, regret.

Positive people try to do positive things and get positive results. Their lives move forward. They learn, they improve. They don't invest time in bemoaning the efforts of others. They know their time, efforts and commentary are better spent on improving themselves, their surroundings, their sphere of influence.

Negative people are mired in envy and negativity. It is unusual for that to change. Especially when given the opportunity to do so anonymously, they revel in the opportunity to say hurtful things.

In the end, they have to live with themselves. We can look elsewhere for positive things, growth and learning and leave them to their affairs.

Here's a copy of the link to help Ken Souza race RAAM:

https://www.active.com/donate/kenny

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"but is it possible for posters here to not call anybody an asshole at any time for any reason, no matter how un-thoughtful or ignorant or foolish or unpleasant their responses or posts?"

what about pussy? is it okay to call somebody a pussy? i'm just asking. i need to know what to add to the FAQ.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about dick? Add that one too.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
only pussycat (for the FAQ).

Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if Dave Scott or Mark Allen were doing this if everyone would be pissing and moaning about it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think all 3 are ok. I use all 3 terms regularly, and sometimes interchangably.

Signed

Resident ST asshole, pussy, and dick.

There's MY 3 sports ;-)

I don't say anything online I wouldn't say to a person to their face. Those who know me both in person and via my online persona (pretty much one in the same, I really am a big dick in reality too, in case anybody was wondering) can verify this.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled forum, already in progress....

GO KENNY!!!! Ride far, ride fast!!!

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm an asshole and a dick, but I do take offense at being refered to as a pussy.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: YOU ARE SOUZA's RAAM SPONSOR!! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And swallow, or don't swallow, it's all a personal preference.

clm

Ok, Cathy, given where you are this week, just what the hell is going on out there???

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about something neutral and I mean this to be constructive. I do think it is a commendable effort you are making and did see that Kenny is on the start list, so I am sure he is committed. What would be helpful is some more info on why 32K and what exactly will the money be used for. I enjoy the stories and at one time looked into putting a team together and came up with something around 15-20K as published on the site. I think their 10K estimate is way too low - 32K seems like a lot.

http://www.raceacrossamerica.org/Default.aspx?tabid=60
Quote Reply

Prev Next