Login required to post replies

Xterra Championship on TV at 4:00PM Eastern
Quote | Reply
ABC. Don't forget.
Last edited by: ezrahallam: Jan 1, 06 11:25
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Championship on TV at 4:00PM Eastern [ezrahallam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1:30 Eastern in Upstate NY. Just watched it. Really nice show, with a good bit of race action, considering how tough it must be to shoot in the woods and on trails. Interviews with athletes, not fat people/celebrity/etc.

Tahoe looks beautiful. I think getting to this race in the next couple of years might be a good idea. Bike course didn't look as tough as some X-Terra races I have done in the East in terms of really knarly single track (plus it was dry in Tahoe, mud sucks). This looks like a climber/road riders MTB course if I ever saw one. Of course it may be that the really tough parts never made it to TV since they were too hard to shoot.

Ironman broadcast will win an Emmy, but as far as something that an actual athlete would want to watch the X-Terra show was a lot better.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Last edited by: Tri_yoda: Jan 1, 06 12:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I read the Xterra site it appears the broadcast is only in select cities today. :(

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Championship on TV at 4:00PM Eastern [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, it's not on here. Pro football and parades instead...

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did anyone tape it? I guess I can probably get a copy eventually from the Xterra guys but I'll pay $10.00 for a copy of the tape if anyone taped it. Not showing over here and a bunch of us went up this year from Hawaii to do it. Would be cool to watch. PM me or Tai@taigraphx.com
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra Championship on TV at 4:00PM Eastern [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have two ABC channels and got infomercials on both of them.
Quote Reply