Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Xantusia Training Camp for the Womens - 2013 [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And don't forget the pork and sugar that has go into every vegetable dish!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Xantusia Training Camp for the Womens - 2013 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
No plans for san diego for either of us, would not want to hurt our chances at the margarita mile race...

Wait, margarita mile race? This just got me even more interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Xantusia Training Camp for the Womens - 2013 [katcycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn skippy... this is the big times tho, you better be serious about it or you'll be CRUSHED ;-)

SP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this looks amazing!!! boo, two weeks after my spring break. Principals don't like teachers taking off a week post spring break. :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 90% in. Will know for sure after the holidays. Sounds like sooo much fun and something I really need right now.

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Re: Xantusia Training Camp for the Womens - 2013 [seh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a great weekend, hope you can join us!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Xantusia Training Camp for the Womens - 2013 [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I see that basically anyone can come to this camp. Just curious on the details (cost, bikes, etc). I haven't read the entire forum so maybe I should to that as well. I just got really excited about there being a camp for just women. Even though it may be out of the budget for me, I can sure try to get there. :D Thanks bunches!
Quote Reply
Re: Xantusia Training Camp for the Womens - 2013 [jamieish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jamieish wrote:
So I see that basically anyone can come to this camp. Just curious on the details (cost, bikes, etc). I haven't read the entire forum so maybe I should to that as well. I just got really excited about there being a camp for just women. Even though it may be out of the budget for me, I can sure try to get there. :D Thanks bunches!

The cost is $65/day (24 hr period). That includes lodging, food, drink, wireless internet, coffee, and massive entertainment. The bike situation is that there are some bikes available but if you ride a very small bike (under a 50), you might want to bring yours.

This you are planning on coming, please post here or send me an email or PM. We'll need 1 night deposit by April 1st. Once people make their travel plans we can try to coordinate rental car sharing.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I see that basically anyone can come to this camp.//

Ya every year it is a good mix of regulars and newbees. So just enough to show you the ropes so you don't have to spend any time figuring out where you are, and where to go. It is about as much fun as you can have without getting laid, and for some even better!!! (-;

Monty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

This you are planning on coming, please post here or send me an email or PM. We'll need 1 night deposit by April 1st. Once people make their travel plans we can try to coordinate rental car sharing.

Sorry for all the questions, but do people arrive on the 17th? Or should I arrive on the 16th to be ready to go on the 17th? Just checking out flights. Figured a flight in on the 17th and out on the 21st would be legit! Flights aren't that expensive so this is looking promising!!! YAY!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jamieish wrote:
Sorry for all the questions, but do people arrive on the 17th? Or should I arrive on the 16th to be ready to go on the 17th? Just checking out flights. Figured a flight in on the 17th and out on the 21st would be legit! Flights aren't that expensive so this is looking promising!!! YAY!

Arrive on the 17th and most will leave on the Sunday but if flights are better, then others leave on Monday morning.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Which is the nearest airport, and how far does one need to travel from there to the ranch?
Quote Reply
Re: Xantusia Training Camp for the Womens - 2013 [cjdavids] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.slowtwitch.com/...ops/Xantusia_46.html

This should answer most of your questions from Slowman himself ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Xantusia Training Camp for the Womens - 2013 [cjdavids] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For extra context, I flew into and out of Orange County airport and the drive to/from Xantusia was a little over an hour each way - very easy - we even found it in the middle of the night. As Cathy noted in one of her earlier responses, as we get closer and people have flights booked, we should be able to arrange sharing some rental cars. Hope you can join us - it was a great weekend last year and I'm really looking forward to this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am almost 100% for 2013. Plan will be to fly in on Wednesday, April 17 and out on Sunday, April 21. Thanks for coordinating.
Quote Reply
Re: Xantusia Training Camp for the Womens - 2013 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aaaand I'm 99% out for 2013. I'll need my pennies for the flight to Durban. If anything changes I'll make sure to PM you Cathy.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sent you a PM. I am planning on attending just sent a PM about details.
Quote Reply
Re: Xantusia Training Camp for the Womens - 2013 [fembeast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's who I have so far. Let me know if I missed your post/email/PM.

clm
Kristi
instigator
sallyshortpants
fembeast
Jamieish (?)

Monty
Mrs. Monty
Wyatt Monty (YEA!!!)

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My friend Liz will be joining us again so please add her to the list. We were discussing flights today and are just about ready to purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, I'm in again. Looking forward to it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I *think* Christina is planning to come this year, as is my friend/training partner Katie. I will try to pin them down for sure in the next week or so.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both Liz and I are 100% in. Flights booked from Wed, April 17-Sun, April 21. My longest trip to Xantusia yet. Can't wait for the fun to begin!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm struggling with working out my vacation schedule for the year. I only get 10 business days so I need to figure out how to spend them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jen - I know the vacation day game well - is it an option for you to fly in Fri after work and head back Sunday? I know its a short time, but maybe it would work?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Boo on 10 vacation days! I would never be able to manage. My company only has PTO but with 25 days, I can't complain.
Quote Reply

Prev Next