Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

X-cross tires for 650c rims?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone make cross tires for 650c rims?
Would be nice to have a little more traction for winter riding.

-Erik

"I don't half-ass anything. For me its either whole-ass or nothing." -elake
Quote Reply
Re: X-cross tires for 650c rims? [elake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think anyone makes 650c cross tires. if people need ultra-small CX bikes, they use 26" MTB wheels; 1.5" tires are available for those. conceivably you could get Dugast tires to make you a custom tire (I heard they did something like make a 26" tubular for a MTB rider).
Quote Reply
Re: X-cross tires for 650c rims? [weiwentg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, i know its a rediculous request because who would want to ride their TT/Tri bike in a X-cross race, but i figured it was worth a shot.

-Erik

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a rediculous question at all. I've often wondered the same thing...Thanks for asking!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have a pixie on my team who races on a custom 26" cross bike. She uses Conti 1.5 mtb tires. I forget the model. This is a gal who raced the TMobile in SF, so she knows what she is doing, and ROCKS!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you on crack? you want to take a tt bike into a cross race? With 650 wheels? Maybe Natural Selection does work...

tell me you're joking and a 650c road bike for your small wife is what this in reference to...
Quote Reply
Re: X-cross tires for 650c rims? [lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Are you on crack? you want to take a tt bike into a cross race? With 650 wheels? Maybe Natural Selection does work...

tell me you're joking and a 650c road bike for your small wife is what this in reference to...[/reply]

I never said anything about racing a TT bike in a cross race, that was just my justification for why the tires would not exist.

If you must know, my gf has a cannondale
"multisport" bike with drop bars and 650 rims. I was inquiring to see if she could find tires with better traction.

And if you want to make a side topic out of this, natural selection hardly works anymore, we keep all kinds of idiots alive by giving them idiot proof rules to follow rather than allowing them to us their brains. (These idiot proof rules don't aloways work for people who are beyond idiots, so occasionally natural selection works)

-Erik

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know of nothing with some "tread", but if you're looking for something a tad fatter than your standard race spin, Terry makes the "Tellus ST" which is a 28-571 (actually 26 mm wide, according to everybody's friend Sheldon Brown).

Dre'

-----------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Felt has their "Inertia" Kevlar Belted tires in a 650c version on their SR91 and 81. Those come in 28mm and 25mm sizes. I'm not aware of anyone doing a "knobby" version.

Dugast made some sweet MTB tubulars for Frishi for worlds. Thomas used Zipp 303 (650c) rims laced to Ritchey Disc hubs on his MTB with Dugast casings and Ritchey Z-Max 1.7" tread. They were incredibly light for MTB wheels. Actually, they were light for anyone's wheels, the fact that they were used off road is inexplicable. Good Lookin' out Wiewen.

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply