Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

X-Terra Iceman MTB Challenge becomes the "Niceman"
Quote | Reply
The 16th Annual X-Terra Iceman Cometh Mountain Bike Challenge will take place this Saturday, November 5th from Kalkaska to Traverse City, Michigan here in the U.S.

For the 14th year I'll be your host on the P.A. and the radio at the start line for the nations (world's?) largest single day mountain bike event.

Over 2,500 participants from around the world will contest the challenging 27 mile ride from Kalkaska to Traverse City along the VASA ski trail, fire roads and single track through beautiful autumn colors in Northern lower Michigan's forests.

The weather forecast for this weekend is for record high temperatures for X-Terra Iceman making the event more likely to be refered to as the "Niceman".

Sarah and I will be making the trip up to X-Terra Iceman Friday for dinner at the beautiful Bower's Harbor Inn historical restaurant and the then the X-Terra Iceman on Saturday along with the enormous awards ceremony at the Grand Traverse Resort and Spa.

We'll be giving away over $23,260 in cash and $20,000 in merchanidise prizes to participants in the event.

Hope to see some ST'ers up there and in the hot tube at the Grand Traverse Resort.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: X-Terra Iceman MTB Challenge becomes the "Niceman" [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It certainly was 'Niceman', with mild temperatures and fast course conditions. Recent rains helped make the sand pits a little more passable. You did your normal fine job announcing, and Sarah was superb as the standard bearer in the starting corral.

I was very happy with my race. I only crashed once and was able to catch back on quickly. I was neck and neck with one guy all the way to the finish and it took everything I had to win by only 2 seconds!

This race gets bigger and better every year. I am going to have to remember to sign up early next year, since I barely made it this year with the race filling by Easter.
Quote Reply