Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would you train with these symptoms?
Quote | Reply
2 days ago, lots of flem and throat congestion with sore throat (thought it was allergies as it is pollen season)

Yesterday: congestion went into upper bronchioles during the day, got the chills bad later yesterday afternoon, fever for about 4 hours.

Last night and today....slept well, woke up feeling good with a stuffed up nose which I have been clearing all day and mild bronchiole congestion.

I took the day off but I have my A race in two weeks and I was going to hit it heavy this weekend. Do I rest or take the chance and workout maybe making it worse.

What would you do?
Quote Reply
Re: Would you train with these symptoms? [mike hawk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With two weeks to go you're not going to "gain" any real fitness so I would take it easy and make sure you get to the line without having LOST fitness by being in bed for a week before hand. You only need about 20-30min of aerobic activity to keep your fitness for a few weeks so just do a little "upkeep" like indoor rides and easy swims.

Tony DeBoom is the king of this shit. He usually does some indoor riding for like 40mins to and hour and a half just to keep the fitness up and stay safe.

You'll be fine as long as you dont get really sick, then you'll be kicking yourself for hammering this weekend. I've had PLENTY of athletes feel like this before a race and they ALL do well by making sure you dont ever have to be totally layed up and make the start line on good health and fitness.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wait a few days after the fever.

Re: Would you train with these symptoms? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would you train while you had diarrhea, or maybe a broken leg or maybe ride down a one way street the wrong way.

Good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Would you train with these symptoms? [King Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no/yes/no

Re: Would you train with these symptoms? [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes/tried/oops

"The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed" - Lloyd Jones

http://www.2BePro.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No more fitness will be gained now. Check resting heart rate and power down for a few days. Better to be cautious and be mentally undertrained then to overdo it and probably DNF.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you think you've got a virus, don't train. Viral infections will have effects on different parts of your body including your heart. It's best to take a break. You will most likely make yourself worse by giving your body competing priorities to heal.
Quote Reply
Re: Would you train with these symptoms? [UK Gear Muncher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go balls to the wall, then when you think you can't go any harder, PUKE and turn it up a notch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having fever yesterday means no training for the next 2-3 days at least.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply