Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would you trade...
Quote | Reply
your Zipp 404s for a set of Rotorcranks? This has been offered to me.

I was selling the 404s to upgrade my PT for PT Pro.

-----------------------------------------------------
The true Master does not wish to lead,
Nor does he wish to follow.
He only wishes to place himself
Where he is needed most.
Quote Reply
Re: Would you trade... [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends upon what you intend to replace your 404's with. The gain of any particular wheel can either be tested in a wind tunnel or estimated with a math formula but the gain from rotor cranks can't be measured accurately. If you research this data is available for wheels but gains from RC's or PC's so far are largely by testimonials, which don't mean much from a scientific point of view..

If you sell the 404's and replace with a $60. CH Aero disc cover and used Hed Cx/Specialized trispoke/Campy Shamal front you'll be just about as fast or not giving up much, so the gain, if any, from the rotor cranks might make sense and a reasonable experiment to try.

If you're trading your 404's for a set of box 32 spokes you'll lose a couple of minutes over 40 kms, so that's a lot to make up on the rotor cranks.
Quote Reply
Re: Would you trade... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I am going to race with my PT w/ wheel covers this year, but was going to upgrade to PT Pro. The rotor trade came along and looks like a good deal. I just need to go look for a new front aero wheel...in clincher!

-----------------------------------------------------
The true Master does not wish to lead,
Nor does he wish to follow.
He only wishes to place himself
Where he is needed most.
Quote Reply