Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would you bite on this deal? (Zipp 404's/Tubular)
Quote | Reply
I have an opportunity to buy some '07 Zipp 404's (with upgraded ceramic bearings); with newer tires (mounted) for around $1K.

I've never used tubulars, but everyone has said that at some point until they did. I wouldn't be using these for my main training wheels (but would probably ride them on occassion) and some longer road races. I have some SRAM S80's that I use for Tri's, but I reckon I could offset the front wheel with the 404 if I wanted.

What would you do ol' wise ones?
Quote Reply
Re: Would you bite on this deal? (Zipp 404's/Tubular) [GonnaHurt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm probably not wise enough, but definitely old enough. Glued my first tubie in 1970. I like them, but don't think they're worth the trouble. The price is reasonable, but not great - depending on the value of the tires. The ceramic bearings are nice, but add no value in my lowly opinion.

Buy them if you want them. The ride will be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Would you bite on this deal? (Zipp 404's/Tubular) [GonnaHurt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GonnaHurt wrote:
I have an opportunity to buy some '07 Zipp 404's (with upgraded ceramic bearings); with newer tires (mounted) for around $1K.

I've never used tubulars, but everyone has said that at some point until they did. I wouldn't be using these for my main training wheels (but would probably ride them on occassion) and some longer road races. I have some SRAM S80's that I use for Tri's, but I reckon I could offset the front wheel with the 404 if I wanted.

What would you do ol' wise ones?

Here is a good reference for ya: http://www.usedzipp.com/

That should answer most of your questions. As for the tubular debate, I love mine.

Quote | Reply
Appreciate the advice.

Thanks for the website: exactly what I needed.
Quote Reply