Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would you be more, or less, likely to sign up under this waiver/refund policy?
Quote | Reply
 I post this in response to the complaints about the canceling of other events last-minute due to wildfire or whatever. At least they spell it out clearly for you here.

--------------------------------

This is a very tough run in remote, rugged country. Runners must assume responsibility for their own safety
-
the run management cannot assume any responsibility for your safety once you leave the aid stations. Apart from
bears, foxes, elk, coyotes and mountain lions, runners will very likely encounter the most dangerous varmint in the
wilderness- man! During the summer this area is very busy with hikers, climbers, four-wheelers, and others out enjoying
the outdoors. Most of these folks are agreeable, but as the Forest Service/BLM warning says, "You may be subject to the
unreasonable acts of others."

Also, this is the Colorado high country, and you can anticipate all variety of weather
conditions. If you are not comfortable with these conditions, or are going to get grouchy the first time you find someone
or something has moved a section of trail markers, please consider carefully whether you want to participate. If you accept
the responsibilities and challenges, and persevere with a smile, we promise you an endurance event you will never forget.

Board of Directors reserves the right to cancel the run based on: (1) Extreme
snow pack; (2) Extreme weather during the event; (3) Extreme fire danger; (4) Other extreme conditions.

In the event of extreme weather or other extreme conditions immediately before or during the run, it may become
necessary to cancel the run out of consideration for the safety of the runners and/or volunteers. This drastic step will be
taken only in the most extreme of circumstances, but violent weather in the mountains can be expected to occur
occasionally. If this happens, you may only find out about it after you arrive in Silverton. You must be prepared to accept
the financial commitment for your travel, accommodations, etc.should this occur. Take the attitude that at least you will
get to vacation in one of the most beautiful parts of the world and you will not be disappointed.
--------------------------------
Last edited by: TeamBarenaked: Sep 12, 13 14:03
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be more, or less, likely to sign up under this waiver/refund policy? [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There were paragraph breaks when I pasted it in there, sorry they didn't show up
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be more, or less, likely to sign up under this waiver/refund policy? [TeamBarenaked] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like alot of fun to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems pretty fair to me.

Does anyone know what the waiver/refund policy looks like for someone hoping to climb Mount Everest?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes perfect sense to me. I take that approach, anyway. I just DNSed at Rev3 Cedar Point due to illness. My family still had a great time on our little weekender trip to someplace new for us.

I figure if I just don't tip anybody during the trip, it works out.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be more, or less, likely to sign up under this waiver/refund policy? [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:

Does anyone know what the waiver/refund policy looks like for someone hoping to climb Mount Everest?

I've got to think that it's essentially at the sole discretion of the lead guide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read about an adventure race in Outside magazine once. Lots of crazy stuff in it (like having to chop and haul firewood, memorize a list of US Presidents in order, run up a hill and recite them, dive in a scum-filled pond for a bag of pennies) that they don't announce ahead of time, just the equipment you need to bring (which included two bags of pennies).

As reported, the waiver simply said: You may die.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Thousands applied for this adventure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IF I thought I was in good enough shape I'd sign up for this in a heartbeat. But then I'm one of the guys who, depending upon the reason for closure, may just go off and do it anyway. Personally, having hikes in the Rockies, I don't consider "snowpack" to be an excuse not to go. My wife isn't crazy about hiking across recent avalanches in the spring but we've done it. But there are times I wouldn't do that (like later in the afternoon after the sun has warmed up the slope).

Oh, and sounds like fun. The Banff Triathlon has some similar warnings about wildlife. But as I was in the team event running in town all I saw was "stupidous touristas".

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Would you be more, or less, likely to sign up under this waiver/refund policy? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:

------

Those were the days!!!

---
Last edited by: Nick Mallett: Sep 12, 13 15:39
Quote Reply