Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Would this look cool? Zipp 808s black spokes black PowerTap Hub
Quote | Reply
About to pull the trigger on a new set of wheels from Wheelbuilder.com. Rich has been super-helpful. I'm trying to decide if I should go with the stealth black look of black spokes and an all black PT hub. Or just go with the regular alloy look.

As you might have guessed, yes, I am on a Cervelo...a P2C (red/white/black). Doing my best to follow.
Quote Reply
Re: Would this look cool? Zipp 808s black spokes black PowerTap Hub [jackbauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds just like my wheels prior to putting Tai custom zipp logos back on. I have black bladed spokes, eyelets and american classic hubs.

All black is sweet, but the entire bike being all black got boring quick.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Would this look cool? Zipp 808s black spokes black PowerTap Hub [jackbauer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All black is nice. Not many folks do it, so it does stand out :)

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. Very. Do it.

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could go 1 step further & do red eyelets as well....... pretty fly for a white guy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did the black spokes and black 2.4 hub on some Blackwells 100 and they look fantastic. I also did the silver 2.4 hub and spokes on the rear 808 to match the front (stock) 808. Black looks best IMHO but to each their own... I can send photos if you like just shoot me a PM with an email address.

cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: Would this look cool? Zipp 808s black spokes black PowerTap Hub [tricervelo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Red alloy nipples, all black spokes and black hub?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats my .02, I was going to do my 808 that way last season but IM Cali was fast approaching & I had to have a wheel built stat to race on @ Miami. two weeks before.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go all black with a highlight color on the nipples.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Red alloy nipples, all black spokes and black hub?

Red alloy nips are quite a dark metallic red...they won't colour-match the front of your P2...if you care. They will however match a bling anodized red skewer (think KCNC, USE, Tune, et al) which you I assume you'll be getting to complete the look ;)

You don't see enough customised sh*t like this on ST.

blood, sweat...and big gears

I hated every minute of training, but I said, ''Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.''
- Muhammad Ali
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, cause its all about how cool you look.
I can just imagine how cool and colour coordinated you look next summer, then some 70 year old man (on a 1970 steel Olmo w/o aero bars) passes you on the bike.
The perfect example....lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd go with all black, you can't go wrong with that, looks very stealthy
Quote Reply
Re: Would this look cool? Zipp 808s black spokes black PowerTap Hub [Supermartin73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yeah, cause its all about how cool you look.
I can just imagine how cool and colour coordinated you look next summer, then some 70 year old man (on a 1970 steel Olmo w/o aero bars) passes you on the bike.
The perfect example....lol

Word. If you got em' smoke em'. I'd love to see a 70 y/o man pass me - it would give me hope that @ age 70 I can still be doing triathlon.
Quote Reply